"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 236

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Called them, they said it comes from them already set up for a setup like mine....

Called them, they said it comes from them already set up for a setup like mine.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thx all. im getting this next week after i cash me check

Question bov type h

my txs bov will not blow off until max psi and i have no washers in it! Its new and when it does blow off it flutters or blows really quickly! any ideas?

do you have a boost gauge? if it's building full boost i'd say you have a faulty bov, when i got my type h i ran it with no washers and it would release all the time (and i mean all the time) i'm runnin it with 2 in now and it still releases quite often

i'll give you 20 bucks for it if its faulty
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

so, should I go with a forge BOV? So, the only time I will hear it is when I let off the gas right, NEVER between shifts? Is it because the autos stay in boost? If I was driving medium throttle like I got into boost but then let off the gas a little and went into vacuum I should here it no?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should go with whatever BOV you want. It all depends on what sound you want, because no 100% atmospheric BOV will help your performance. You will NOT hear it between shifts. The only reason why MTs hear it between shifts is because they let off the gas. You'll hear it a little if you only let off a little bit of course.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

so if I am gonna buy a panel filter anyways, and I want to hear the the stock BPV and the turbo spool up I should get the perrin short ram as it would only cost like 100 more than the panel filter, but then I run into the problem of, I can't use it when I get my accessport, right? And what avout the AEM short rams since they are carb legal, bad chpice or would it be the same thing? And would both of these kill my gas mileage?

Thanks for all your help.
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Accessport is simply programmed for the stock airbox, and it will be expecting a specific amount of air from it. Any deviation from that (at least more than a panel filter) will not be compatible, since you'll be putting a different amount of air into your engine. CARB legality has nothing to do with it, it's just a matter of tuning.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Cobb now has AP maps that are programmed for Injen intakes. But if your looking at going for the Acessport dont go with the AEM because Cobb says so far the AEM intake is the only one that is unpredictable.
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

Im sure youve heard all the talk about BOV's and Cold air intakes are bad. If you want one get one. Id personally spend the money else where first with exhaust and EM.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

CAI is useless for a FI car, BOV is ok if you plan on runing giganormous boost..the stock bypass valve is fine for TXS stage 4

Tial BOV?

Anyone know where i can find a sound clip of a Tial BOV? I heard they sound awesome, anyone know if it would fit a rex?

thanks
    steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

i asked this question a while ago and yes they have one that fits but i couldnt find a sound clip of it, but i have heard it before on other cars and i love it, not your ordinary bov sound. also stealth-wrx has one and GOD responded to me about it also might want to talk to him about getting a hold of one.

Bil
    I just had a 50-50 APS installed and it's quieter than the stock. Not sure if I like that or not, but...the cars screams, so maybe they won't see the defeat coming. hehe As for the CAI mods and BOV, I agree totally, exhaust is the place to start with a stock WRX. Free up the flow and there's power there with stock boost. Have someone work over that computer too while you're at it.