"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 234
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you could be right....so who makes "short" bellmouth downpipes that dont cost an arm and a leg that are decent?...

you could be right....so who makes "short" bellmouth downpipes that dont cost an arm and a leg that are decent?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exhaust and BOV question...Please help

Hey guys I am new here so be easy...I am getting a 2005 STI very soon! But have a question first, I have a video on my puter of an STI spinning around in the snow, it sounds really nice and I have been told the factory STI exhaust isnt loud, this one kinda sounded like a truck....I was wondering if you guys can post sound/video clips of the different exhausts....Also, if anyone has any BOV clips that would be good too....Thanks guys

*April*

Welcome and good choice on the new STi!!!!! I wish, lol. There is a thread on here somewhere with literally every possible exhaust for the wrx and sound clips, so if you do a quick search you'll find it. Go to boostkits.com for a clip of the best BOV available, the WORX dual stage....I'm sure you'll like it.

*Pete*
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

Its funny how nice people will be to a female n00b. If this was Mike2002WRX it would be DO A SEARCH NOOB!
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Yea thats one of the perks of being female, and I kinda figurer there were clips everywhere...But judt didnt know where to look, and for some reason, my font keeps getting changed when I visit this site to extra large lol....I was jw if anyone knew what exhaust that was....

that would be my thread:

Exhaust Video/Sound Clips

Can you hear the BOV on 4EAT?

I am looking at a 50/50 BOV and was curious if you can hear them on the 4EATs or if it is a waste?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

i can hear my stock one if i keep the windows up and the radio off. The answer is yes you can hear them although most of the time you can only hear it when you let off the gas you wont really hear it inbetween shifts
    If you aint got no sense, you better beg for the quarter.

I couldnt hear the GFB when i had it 50/50. Only way was in park or neutral and rev it up over 4k then it would go off. But when the car would shift.....notta.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Re: Can you hear the BOV on 4EAT?

Originally posted by ero2
    I am looking at a 50/50 BOV and was curious if you can hear them on the 4EATs or if it is a waste?
    It will sound the same as if it were in a manual tranny wrx. 4eat's build boost just like the manuals. Now as for the 50/50,
    i have never heard one before. I had a 100% atmo on my 4eat and it sounded good
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

if you looking for loud sound of the BOV, i got an HKS, and the thing is loud!!!! when u let go the gas

worx tuning bov 1.2

ive done a few searches. im trying to buy it tonite or tomm. the cheapest i found was 234.99@mongoose.net

anybody know of any vendors that are a little cheaper?

thanks

you gotta let go of the gas, it doesnt do it between shifts you dopes

check out my mods i just got my fellow 4eaters
    3 new awsome uber mods :D
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

WRX
    my buddy has a 50/50 one, and you CANT hear it at all. He was disappointed because he came from the RFL bov to that. But if it works, it works.

(btw, it's been a while!!!)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

did you check worldone performance

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.