"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 231

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The WORX Tuning BOV is a one of a kind BOV and IMO the best design for the WRX. I ...

Smile WORX BOV

The WORX Tuning BOV is a one of a kind BOV and IMO the best design for the WRX.

I sell BOVs and all kinds of parts, and before you flame me I am an authorized VENDOR, I have toyed around with every BOV on the market and the WORX by far is the easiest to adjust, my car runs the best with the WORX, and I like the looks and sound the best.

READ THIS and PM me if you haver questions...

Take every thing you know about BOV's and throw it out the window. The innovative WORX Dual Stage design sets a new standard for performance gain and daily drivability.

Why would a part so simple in function need any advancement? Well, it is that type of stagnant thinking that has left the market recycling the same concept over and over again. While this has produced some tried and true products that function well on a multitude of applications, this is not the case for the WRX or WRX STi. The problem is that turbo and fuel systems on these modern vehicles have advanced to a point where the valve designs of the past have more negative effect than positive. With our years of previous experience with turbocharged vehicles and valve design, we set out to design a product that would reap the benefits of a blow off valve, with the reliability and daily drivability of a bypass valve. It had to be different than any product available, be extremely versatile, technologically advanced, and user friendly. With just one look at the WorxTuning Dual Stage BOV, you can tell that we accomplished our mission.

The concept of our Dual Stage design is fairly simple. Stage 1 is the bypass portion that recirculates the air, and Stage 2 is the atmosphere portion that vents excess boost pressure externally. While some have tried to build a "Hybrid" type valve that performs both functions simultaneously upon opening, our unique staged design is the key to harmony between both worlds. The ratio of venting between the two stages is variable depending on boost pressure. Under lower boost conditions such as around town driving, the valve will vent the majority of the pressure through the first stage. During more spirited driving conditions, where boost pressures are higher, the valve will vent more air volume through the second stage. What are the benefits of this design you may ask? An atmosphere venting valve has maximum pressure relief. It allows the turbo to spin freely and not stall due to reversion of boost pressure when your throttle plate closes between shifts, or after letting off of the gas. This design is ideal, but not well suited for mass air flow metered cars due to over fueling issues which cause a rich air fuel ratio. Bypass valves relieve this pressure by recirculating it back into the intake stream. This allows proper air/fuel metering, but has a tendency to be a bottleneck and still reduce compressor speed. Our staged design harnesses both of the design benefits for optimum performance. The pressure vented to atmosphere still causes a richening effect, but does so in a controlled process. The rich condition is minimized and has a cooling effect in the combustion chamber. This is actually safer for your engine in the higher boost conditions where it will occur. What more could you want? Daily drivability and increased performance due to reduced turbo lag between shifts. Plus, increased safety for your engine during hard operation. And yes, you do get the cool woosh sound as well.

If you think that is all we have to offer, you are wrong. We also use a light weight coated aluminum piston that is almost 1/3 of the weight of brass pistons in other valves. The weight reduction provides faster action. The use of aluminum also provides similar expansion rates for the piston and body compared to brass, allowing a tighter tolerance on the sealing surface. Our piston also features a unique aerodynamically enhanced design for the fastest possible pressure release.

Now for another BOV first.......true tunability. The silver atmosphere vent ring rotates to 5 distinct positions varying from full closed to full open in 25% increments. Fully closed allows it to function as a bypass valve like the OEM part. The different rates of atmosphere vent are particularly useful in tuning the BOV's function for a specific purpose. For example, many choose to run it 50% open for daily driving, but will set it to 100% when they go to the track. Next, we made the internal spring highly adjustable with a 5 position perch. This eliminates the need for the use of difficult shims. By adjusting internal spring pressure, you can control how hard or easy it is for the valve to vent to atmosphere, another plus of our Dual Stage design. Additionally, the adjustability of the spring allows our valve to function equally as well on a stock vehicle, or a highly modified one pushing well above factory boost levels.

Last but not least is the pure beauty and quality of our valve. Once you put your hands on one you can truly see that there was no expense spared or corners cut in its production. It is produced on a state of the art CNC live turning center allowing a more sculpted look that is as unique as its function. The valve is constructed of aircraft grade materials with stainless steel fasteners and spring for long term durability. Finish it off with a flawless anodize, polish or OEM match wrinkle finish, and you have what we believe to be THE BEST BOV AVAILABLE. Think we are overconfident? Try one and see for yourself.
    Boost-it with Boostkits,

Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey boostkits, does it help on an auto? i dont think with auto it matters because it holds boost, true?
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

don't bother getting a BOV till you need it.

spend your money on mods that are worthwhile, and either make you go faster, stop better, or turn flatter and harder.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    don't bother getting a BOV till you need it.

spend your money on mods that are worthwhile, and either make you go faster, stop better, or turn flatter and harder.

dR
    if your talking to me i got a vf30 ill be running 18psi soon, but i was told stock can hold this, but im getting a fmic soon and i dont feel like having the stock one :-D i wan ta bov so i can point it to my hood scoop and let go of the gas and hear a PAAAAAA
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

Originally posted by WRXout
    if your talking to me ...
    I'm not.

Anyone know anything about a type7 sti bov? Good, bad, ok?

Okay, don't want BOV or upipe (yet) but want to hear turbo

I am still thinking about buying a perrin short ram, as it will allow me to hear the spool up, the stock bypass valve and will (supposedly) not produce the problems of an aftermarket BOV or throw CELs and it will be cheaper. Plus, it looks BIT^&%! Is the perrin short ram one of the "better intakes", does anyone have it on a fairly stock car?

"let the flaming begin "
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

Perrin FMIC AND BOV???

Hey whats up I just got my Perrin FMIC and i was looking for a bov for it. I was going to get the worx bov but one of the venders here informed me that it would not fit right and would cause problems? I need some help, would the worx fit if i got the right flange to hook it to the intercooler pipes, or does it just fit stocl normally and the vender was wrong? Or is there another bov that fits without any modification?
    thanks
    -Drewtothec
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

you're going to run a FMIC with the stock turbo???? are you on crack????
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Re: WORX BOV

Originally posted by boostkits
    The WORX Tuning BOV is a one of a kind BOV and IMO the best design for the WRX.

I sell BOVs and all kinds of parts, and before you flame me I am an authorized VENDOR, I have toyed around with every BOV on the market and the WORX by far is the easiest to adjust, my car runs the best with the WORX, and I like the looks and sound the best.

READ THIS and PM me if you haver questions...

Take every thing you know about BOV's and throw it out the window. The innovative WORX Dual Stage design sets a new standard for performance gain and daily drivability.

Why would a part so simple in function need any advancement? Well, it is that type of stagnant thinking that has left the market recycling the same concept over and over again. While this has produced some tried and true products that function well on a multitude of applications, this is not the case for the WRX or WRX STi. The problem is that turbo and fuel systems on these modern vehicles have advanced to a point where the valve designs of the past have more negative effect than positive. With our years of previous experience with turbocharged vehicles and valve design, we set out to design a product that would reap the benefits of a blow off valve, with the reliability and daily drivability of a bypass valve. It had to be different than any product available, be extremely versatile, technologically advanced, and user friendly. With just one look at the WorxTuning Dual Stage BOV, you can tell that we accomplished our mission.

The concept of our Dual Stage design is fairly simple. Stage 1 is the bypass portion that recirculates the air, and Stage 2 is the atmosphere portion that vents excess boost pressure externally. While some have tried to build a "Hybrid" type valve that performs both functions simultaneously upon opening, our unique staged design is the key to harmony between both worlds. The ratio of venting between the two stages is variable depending on boost pressure. Under lower boost conditions such as around town driving, the valve will vent the majority of the pressure through the first stage. During more spirited driving conditions, where boost pressures are higher, the valve will vent more air volume through the second stage. What are the benefits of this design you may ask? An atmosphere venting valve has maximum pressure relief. It allows the turbo to spin freely and not stall due to reversion of boost pressure when your throttle plate closes between shifts, or after letting off of the gas. This design is ideal, but not well suited for mass air flow metered cars due to over fueling issues which cause a rich air fuel ratio. Bypass valves relieve this pressure by recirculating it back into the intake stream. This allows proper air/fuel metering, but has a tendency to be a bottleneck and still reduce compressor speed. Our staged design harnesses both of the design benefits for optimum performance. The pressure vented to atmosphere still causes a richening effect, but does so in a controlled process. The rich condition is minimized and has a cooling effect in the combustion chamber. This is actually safer for your engine in the higher boost conditions where it will occur. What more could you want? Daily drivability and increased performance due to reduced turbo lag between shifts. Plus, increased safety for your engine during hard operation. And yes, you do get the cool woosh sound as well.

If you think that is all we have to offer, you are wrong. We also use a light weight coated aluminum piston that is almost 1/3 of the weight of brass pistons in other valves. The weight reduction provides faster action. The use of aluminum also provides similar expansion rates for the piston and body compared to brass, allowing a tighter tolerance on the sealing surface. Our piston also features a unique aerodynamically enhanced design for the fastest possible pressure release.

Now for another BOV first.......true tunability. The silver atmosphere vent ring rotates to 5 distinct positions varying from full closed to full open in 25% increments. Fully closed allows it to function as a bypass valve like the OEM part. The different rates of atmosphere vent are particularly useful in tuning the BOV's function for a specific purpose. For example, many choose to run it 50% open for daily driving, but will set it to 100% when they go to the track. Next, we made the internal spring highly adjustable with a 5 position perch. This eliminates the need for the use of difficult shims. By adjusting internal spring pressure, you can control how hard or easy it is for the valve to vent to atmosphere, another plus of our Dual Stage design. Additionally, the adjustability of the spring allows our valve to function equally as well on a stock vehicle, or a highly modified one pushing well above factory boost levels.

Last but not least is the pure beauty and quality of our valve. Once you put your hands on one you can truly see that there was no expense spared or corners cut in its production. It is produced on a state of the art CNC live turning center allowing a more sculpted look that is as unique as its function. The valve is constructed of aircraft grade materials with stainless steel fasteners and spring for long term durability. Finish it off with a flawless anodize, polish or OEM match wrinkle finish, and you have what we believe to be THE BEST BOV AVAILABLE. Think we are overconfident? Try one and see for yourself.

Yeah, what he said!
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

no flame here. just facts.

you don't need any intake mods until you start getting over 330 crank HP. ALL intakes cause problems with the MAF sensor (except silencer delete), its just that with SOME intakes the problems can be corected for with aftermarket engine management, while some just plain suck.

a catless downpipe will also amplify the turbo and is much easier to install than an uppipe..you'll just have to take it off again when you install your uppipe. The silencer delete will also give you a bit more turbo sound....but not HUGE amounts.

or you can just do this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42610

"the whistle go wooo - wooooooooo"

you DON'T want to mess up the way your car runs just to make cool noises...well heck maybe you do...its your car after all. lots of people run intakes...its just better not to.

P.S. the reason that device on ebay is "not available for sale in the U.S." is because its ILLEGAL!!!!! but so's ripping out your cats I guess.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-09-2004 at 11:39 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Originally posted by blarg
    no flame here. just facts.

ALL intakes cause problems with the MAF sensor (except silencer delete),
    The APS 65mm intake is specifically desinged to work with the maf sensor, and does not require tuning like their preivious 70mm intake did.
    Alex

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by afpdl
    The APS 65mm intake is specifically desinged to work with the maf sensor, and does not require tuning like their preivious 70mm intake did.
    Perrin and TurboXS say their short rams are also designed to work properly with the MAF sensor.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

"you DON'T want to mess up the way your car runs just to make cool noises...well heck maybe you do...its your car after all. lots of people run intakes...its just better not to."

What he said. NO COLD AIR, COOL AIR, FART AIR, or RAM AIR intakes. They don't help you at all until way into high 350 HP levels.

Remove the intake silencer but DO NOT buy one of those ridiculous elbow scams that people are selling for $50 bucks a pop. You don't need the delete elbow for anything, just seal the airbox to the fender and plug the hole from the ram air scoop. You may see 1-5 HP which is virtually undetectable via butt dyno, but turbo spool and the stock BPV will be louder. Not much, but some. Enough that it will stop you from buying those intakes. If not, well just remember if you like wasting money and hurting your car, go ahead.
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

I Support ClubWRX
    No problems with my SUS yet. My ears like it, and my butt dyno agrees with it too