"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 229

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Strange, i passed emissions here with a atmo. BOV, of course i had my stock TBE on, but what difference ...

Strange, i passed emissions here with a atmo. BOV, of course i had my stock TBE on, but what difference will the atmo bov make to the emissions?
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BOV Install

I just purchased a Greddy Type S Kit for my 04 and the instructions are all in Japanise. Pictures kinda help out but i dont want to take the risk in just following the pictures. Does anyone have any instructions in english that they could post or know where i can get some?
    thanks
    Whats sleeping under your hood?

When you "blow off" the air that is already metered gets dumped, but the ECU doesn't know it, so the fuel mixture is very rich. Of course, this only happens when you blow off, and during the emissions test, the car is probably just at idle so it doesnt make any difference.

In CA and some other states, there is a visual inspection to the emissions test; any changes without the proper paperwork == fail, even if the sniffer says you are okay,

Originally posted by blackshadow
    Strange, i passed emissions here with a atmo. BOV, of course i had my stock TBE on, but what difference will the atmo bov make to the emissions?

Originally posted by McBain
    Because the stock one can't hold above a certain psi, and they make a cool sound even at 50/50.
    ya but with his mods and a stock turbo i doubt hes boosting out of the stock BOV's range.

Originally posted by XxScoobYxX
    ya but with his mods and a stock turbo i doubt hes boosting out of the stock BOV's range.
    He's not, that isn't the point. Am I the only one who is sick of hearing people chime in on a BOV discussion with nothing to say but, "Sell IT" or "Don't bother"????? We already KNOW that stock is best option, give a rest NOBODY CARES. The purpose of a 50/50 is to be able to hear your bov like most TC cars, and to still retain 50% of stock efficiency. Going from 100% Recirculation to 100% Vent doesn't cause anything to worry about, trust me, BUT I don't reccomend for other reasons, mainly most 100% venters dont work well and/or break down. This IS a fact.

And just to remind all of you, lots of cars have run a lot richer for a lot longer. Don't worry, just:
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

03 JDM STi BOV

Don't know if this is in the right forum, so please move if not.

Can anyone tell me whether the 2003 JDM STi BOV is a recirc, or will it make the hiss noise?

Would it provide any benefit over a Stock USDM 04 WRX BOV?

Thanks,

Lee
    ----------------------
    | 04 WRBP Sedan |
    ----------------------

well maybe you are sick of people telling others that a bov is not necessary and im sick of people adding a BOV to there car when they dont need it..

I'm sure a lot of people are sick of you putting anything on your car, but the fact is he put the BOV on because he likes it, not because he does or doesn't need it. Either post something legit or don't post at all.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

First off changing your BOV isn't going to gain you anything. Whether it be aftermarket or stock. (Unless you have exceeded the limit of your stock BOV)

It's probably the same exact thing, if not then it will just hold higher boost than the reg. wrx bov. Other than that it is the same design and everything as that of the USDM.

I saw a turbo'd RS blow flames once...

And my friends SR20DET 240 blows blue flames
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

well i dont want to sit here and argue on this site about something dumb we both stated are opinions and thats that...have a nice day

You too.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

recirc
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

different types of BOVs.. searched already....

just wanna understand... atmo, recirc, adjusting it... aftermarket compared to stock, how come the stock doesn't hiss? why does the aftermarket hiss? most used aftermarket BOVs? if somebody with some real good BOV knowledge would explain this or give a link to site that does, i would highly appreciate it..

thank you,
    pedro
    1997 Acura Integra GSR AEM Shortram 98+ Front/Rear Conversion w/ Painted Sideskirts and Type-R Front Lip KYB GR-2 w/ Skunk2 Adj. Springs and Skunk2 Camber Kit ; 16'' ADR Concept Pro and VIS CIF Hood
    Selling to buy a WRX

recirculating is just sending it back to the intake thats why you dont get the PSSSST noise ( ie. its the stock one ) and venting it to the atmosphere is where you get the PSSSST noise, ie an aftermarket one. I am not sure if there is any performance, from what i have read there isnt. Just for noise, and i think it can actually make your car stall more or idle bad and run rich between shifts.

I am not sure if all this is 100% correct, but from what i read i think its right. Someone please correct me if im wrong