"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 228

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah, just twist the center. It will be obvious when you have it set to full atmosphere (the holes will ...

Yeah, just twist the center. It will be obvious when you have it set to full atmosphere (the holes will be wide open). Then just dial it to 50/50 or full recirc.

I don't think you have to adjust the spring, the instructions are clear on the maintenance needed.
    Cool as the other side of the pillow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If the BOV isn't going to atmospheric as easily as you'd hoped, you can adjust the spring to the loosest setting. You'll need a 9/64 allen wrench to access it.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

DIY: Venting Mass Air Flow Metered BOV to atmosphere

Without going rich.

Friend of mine did this article. Makes perfect sense too.

So for those of you who don't like to go so rich when you shift, check it out.

http://diyperformancegroup.com/diypf...opic.php?t=396
    2013 STi Wagon.

Read the article.

the Eclipse BOV isn't subject to boost it's between the MAF and the turbo. As a BOV you use <insert brand here> BOV that blows off to atmosphere.

What happens is when you life the throttle and vacuum is increased, your BOV opens to atmosphere, but your intake bov opens to let air into the intake tract from the atmosphere replacing the air that would have otherwise come from your stock recirc valve.
    2013 STi Wagon.

if you arent goin full atmos then why would you even buy a new BOV....

Fully Catless + BOV = fireball?

It occured to me today that a fully catless exhaust and uppipe and higher than stock boost combined with an atmo BOV could possibly lead to an occasional flame out the exhaust tip. Not that this is new concept to me, but I feel it may be possible so feel free correct me if you don't agree.
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

You are very likely to throw a fireball here and there if you are running catless with a fully atmospheric BOV (especially with a rich tune). It happens to lots of guys around here all the time.

COOL! i bet the police would love that lol
    04 silver bone stock(for now)

Now consider this...would the stock uppipe prevent this...I'd say yes....but this could also decrease uppipe life. As a follow up question, I've heard about the EGT sensor wearing down over time, and I plan on removing it and plugging the hole when i turn the boost up, but is there any issue with the catalyst material breaking down?
    '88 Jeep Wrangler , left my rear end in a
    rock quarry

'92 Talon TSI AWD, 402 whp

'02 WRX, begging for mods

If you are looking for the sound, removing the airbox and running an open filter will probably be loud enough.

You can also replace the stock valve with an adjustable one from GFB.

Originally posted by hatchy
    If you are looking for the sound, removing the airbox and running an open filter will probably be loud enough.

You can also replace the stock valve with an adjustable one from GFB.
    Right, right, but this is for those who already have a BOV and don't like the pops and farts of running rich. Plus you'll pass emissions with this mod without having to remove your BOV and putting your recirc back on.

I personally intend on removing the airbox asap so I can hear the stock recirc. I'm looking forward to getting a Blitz SUS.
    2013 STi Wagon.

I have still yet to throw flames dammit,...I hear popping and gun shots all the time but no one says anything about flames...I need a bov and melon launcher
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

In California, any mods to the intake will fail the smog test. But anyway, no airbox + Blitz SUS is loud enough for most ppl

Originally posted by Vexamus
    Plus you'll pass emissions with this mod without having to remove your BOV and putting your recirc back on.

I personally intend on removing the airbox asap so I can hear the stock recirc. I'm looking forward to getting a Blitz SUS.

Oh, yeah, I suppose you're right, I forget about cali's strictness. Welp, I thought it was cool so I posted it. I know it'd pass emissions here on the east coast though.
    2013 STi Wagon.

Because the stock one can't hold above a certain psi, and they make a cool sound even at 50/50.
    N.E. F4
    Mods