"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 221

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by stevebennett Trailboss, you're a saint. You guys can make fun of him for not knowing, but you ...

Originally posted by stevebennett
    Trailboss, you're a saint.
    You guys can make fun of him for not knowing, but you weren't born with the knowledge. You either asked someone or read it and pretended you always knew.

Bluesti, just keep asking questions if you don't find it in a search. Its a great way to learn and, in a forum, you'll probably learn in words that are easy to understand.
    i completely agree. i cant count how many useless derogatory replies there are to guys who are new to clubwrx. consider that they might not know the proper etiquette of searching before posting, or maybe they dont even know there is a search button at all. it would be more helpful to welcome them to the club and let them know how to find the answer they are looking for in a pleasant productive way instead of wasting space with a derogatory comment... give it a shot next time instead of playing internet bully
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

don't know how to search? any car message board this side of the galaxy has a search button.

i'm done with this thread, it's going nowhere.

had the question been something like... so and so checked out these bov's and I can't decide, or something like that then it's different. someone actually made the effort to check it out. people can scream the hypocrite comment to me all they want, as I do recall my first posts on this board were very general questions, but they were also specific after a good 3-4 hours of searching about the topic.

have fun or something.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Snowvert seriously must have gone to the beach, cause otherwise I wouldn't know where the sand came from.

Also, your questions were general AND specific? huh?
    If you're gonna get so pissed about it, don't respond. If you put the amount of effort you did into explaining how YOU search and how YOU think YOU'RE a better person into just saying what it is, you could nicely add "Just try searching first next time." Look at that! How many words was that? And it was nice and inviting. Getting pissed never leads to happiness. Just be a nice guy.

tan
    Just be nice to noobs. Everyone at one time was a noob and has done the same thing at one point.

Which bov is louder?

yes yes yes, another bov question....

I've already read all post's and what not on bov's, and i know that a atmospheric bov is not the way to go at first, but im all for the noise right now.

The three im looking at are the Greddy Type S, Turbo smart supersonic, & turboxs type-h RFL.

which is loudest in order?
    which is the best quality in order?

-thanks all-

I can assure you that the RFL is the loudest.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

anybody even heard of the TS supersonic or using it?

how nice is the forge atmosphere BOV?
    FP Green STi

i have the greddy type s its awesome it shoots out the air with a whistle sound. the rfl is just like WHHOOOSSSHHH!!! depends on your taste

Originally posted by stevebennett
    Snowvert seriously must have gone to the beach, cause otherwise I wouldn't know where the sand came from.
    I am nicely going to tell you to back up off my nuts.

edit: i'm far from pissed off. your childhood must have been bad if you think people get pissed off by a post on a message board.

now, tan has a point and that's fine.

what you say to me, steve, means nothing. so refer to the first sentence in my post.

end of discussion.
    Last edited by Snowvert; 05-17-2004 at 03:56 PM.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Wow...all this over a question about a blow off valve. C'mon people...get it together. This is silly!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

ic ic. Im not sure on the forge bov, but any atmospheric will make some type of loud noise, just depends on the type it is.

But my question still remains on the Turbo smart supersonic....

Originally posted by ebr0t
    I can assure you that the RFL is the loudest.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

BOV Blowing Oil

Is it normal that the (TXS Type-H RFL) BOV is blowing a small amount of engine oil? specially when it blows hard?

will a catchcan fix this problem, if it is?

no.

since the BOV is on the intake side of your motor, the only thing that should be going through it is air. If its blowing oil that means oil is getting out of the intake valve on the motor, back through the manifold, backwards through the intercooler, against some decent air pressure, and coming out the BOV. I'd look for another culprit. Unless you actually SEE oil squirting out of the BOV I really don't think its coming from there, and if it is, you got some serious problems.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself