"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 220

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you're running it to blow off to the atmosphere, you have to plug the recirculation hose. Otherwise, you're pulling ...

cnk
    If you're running it to blow off to the atmosphere, you have to plug the recirculation hose. Otherwise, you're pulling in unmetered air and that can cause your engine to run lean.

Calvin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats a blow off valve?

Wheres it go and whats it do besides make a sound?

Try a search, i'm sure it will yield many results.
    Last edited by highwaymrdr; 05-15-2004 at 09:59 PM.

good god, are you serious?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Lets hope not!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Unhappy CEL w/ hks bov???

how come everytime I put on my bov (hks) I throw a cel later on??
    I just did the airbox mod and put my bov back on and a cel!!! Any ideas? Oh yeah now I hear a high pitched whistle at idle (underneath the car)and the engine seems like it just wants to die.

ps...last cel was p1039--rear o2 sensor failure
    Last edited by Doodlebug; 05-15-2004 at 07:56 PM.

i had the same problem when i installed my greddy bov. first i connected the recirculating hose and it was all good but you couldnt hear the bov at all. then i disconnected the recirculation hose and you can hear the bov loud as f***. the cel came on the rest of the day the next morning it shut off and this was like a week ago and it hasnt been on since. i called subaru and they was like if the lights off and the car was fine then its cool but i dont think they know what they are talking about. another thing is that when i first disconnected the hose it did sound like the car wanted to idle out. weird...but you should be cool i didnt notice any performance loss.

Re: Whats a blow off valve?

Originally posted by bluesti4
    Wheres it go and whats it do besides make a sound?
    A blow off valve is something that relieves extra pressure from the turbo between shifting gears or when you lift off the throttle.

Replacing the stock one isn't necessary with the stock turbo unless you want it for the sound.

Replacing it after you are running over 18 or so pounds of boost is almost mandatory because the stock one cannot hold that much successfully.

The stock BOV on a car with a Top Mount intercooler goes right up against the TMIC on the front right side when you're looking at the engine bay.

Hope this helps.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Blitz DD BOv

hey guys ive searched the forums and i couldnt find a sound clip fo the blitz dual drive bov. I would really appreciate it if anyone could place a link to a sound clip.

thanks

Re: Re: Whats a blow off valve?

Originally posted by Trailboss
    A blow off valve is something that relieves extra pressure from the turbo between shifting gears or when you lift off the throttle.

Replacing the stock one isn't necessary with the stock turbo unless you want it for the sound.

Replacing it after you are running over 18 or so pounds of boost is almost mandatory because the stock one cannot hold that much successfully.

The stock BOV on a car with a Top Mount intercooler goes right up against the TMIC on the front right side when you're looking at the engine bay.

Hope this helps.

What a nice boy... hahaha

Trailboss, you're a saint.
    You guys can make fun of him for not knowing, but you weren't born with the knowledge. You either asked someone or read it and pretended you always knew.

Bluesti, just keep asking questions if you don't find it in a search. Its a great way to learn and, in a forum, you'll probably learn in words that are easy to understand.

Originally posted by stevebennett
    You guys can make fun of him for not knowing, but you weren't born with the knowledge. You either asked someone or read it and pretended you always knew.

Bluesti, just keep asking questions if you don't find it in a search. Its a great way to learn and, in a forum, you'll probably learn in words that are easy to understand.
    Great attitude
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by stevebennett

search BOV.

it's not like there was any question about a certain one or what someone thinks. you can easily type B O V in and it will give you a mountain of info on it.

I find your last comment funny as had there been a search to start with, this exact question wouldn't have come up.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

tan
    Originally posted by Snowvert
    good god, are you serious?
    A lot of people don't know why gasser go into vacuum at idle....

Originally posted by tan
    A lot of people don't know why gasser go into vacuum at idle....
    Guilty
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com