"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 214

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why don't you sell me that one? And let me see if it fits?...

Why don't you sell me that one? And let me see if it fits?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

one more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aps install 015.jpg  
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

Thanks alot. You have provided the most help from three subaru boards. Thanks John

you want it is yours
    i paid 255 at a event they had at englishtown because of the way it sounded and look give me 180.00 and is yours i actually wanted to buy the aps cause thats the fmic i have just to keep the theme going also its blue my engine bay is a combo of red now.
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

Do you do Paypal? Let me know.

pm you
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

Pm'ed you back. Let me know. John

A local dude who bought some of my parts showed me his bov(exact one) on stock I/C. Trumpet goes face up. He actually plugged the return line and has it running 100% atmos. It fires up and down(top/bottom). Sounded good. It is big. Would not fit on the V.1 tmic I sold him. Nothing does but Grahamgoode BOV.
    still stock

90/10 recirculated bov

a friend of mine is fabricating a blow off valve... now i know bov's make the car rich between shifts, yadda yadda.. ive read ones that partially recirculate the air aren't as bad as 100% atmospheric... there are 50/50 ones out there....

but my question is, would a 90% recirculated 10% atmospheric bov work even better with the car than a 50/50....? ie most of the air would be recirculated, but youd still get some noise. is there a 90/10 out there?

WorxTuning is the closest that I know of. It has 5 settings from 100% atmoshpere to 100% recirculate.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

I Support ClubWRX
    I assume you don't need the valve, and from your post I know you do "need" the noise. It might be a waste of time and money to buy or fabricate a valve if your existing valve works as intended - and it does - if you are looking for the audio.

Get the dimensions for the "trumpet" section of a BOV that makes the noise you like most. If you're going to fabricate something, then fabricate the trumpet section alone. Rig it to an air horn controlled by a relayed circuit activated by a switch on the clutch pedal.

Keep your existing valve. Whenever you hit the clutch pedal, the air horn-BOV trumpet you've made will go off. This way you'll have the noise you want and a car that runs too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well i had an hks ssqv that i got for free... i used that for a while then read about how they were bad for the car.. so i sold it.. now im running the stock BPV, and thats good. but my friend at engineering school is going to be making bov's and ill get one for free. sooo i was just wondering if running a 90/10 would keep the car running almost stock since most of the air would be recirculated

I Support ClubWRX
    Provided the valve is designed correctly in all aspects except where the air goes, the car will run as expected - like a car that has a temporary, inducible, unidirectional intake leak.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

here is a pic install with the dr500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aps install 017.jpg  
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

Perrin BOV

Anybody have the New Perrin bov in there car, or anyone hear of how effcient it is. Im just wondering because I want to get a bov eventually but from what I have read is that its worthless unless u up your boost, and they cause problems. So what I am really asking is "Would this bov work well with a lightly modded wrx?"
    Bubis
    04' Aspen White Wrx
    ~Stock Turbo~
    231 whp
    ??? tq