"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 213
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by GI2iNdKinG Im running stock boost on my 04 and Im using the green spring with 2 spacers. ...

Re: Re: Forge BOV spring question

Originally posted by GI2iNdKinG
    Im running stock boost on my 04 and Im using the green spring with 2 spacers. I tried out they yellow spring, but it flutters sometimes. With just the green in, it blows off a little too much, so I threw 2 spacers in there and it seems to be good now. No flutter, and it blows off when I want it to.
    Damn, I hope Forge gives me the yellow and green springs without buying the whole package.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so as you can see i am new to the boards, and i was just wondering everyones feedback on the forge, i have heard alot of good things about it, but my car is stock, and just like almost every turbo owner, i know it sounds lame, but i want the sound, i dont want it to sound everytime i rev it, just when i am racing or hard on the throttle.

I plan on doing more to my car in the future, but this would be my first mod if i get it.

please be gentle and dont flame
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

I just noticed this thread & thought I would jump in. I bought the GFB Hybrid & ran it at 100% for two days. It was horrible!!
    I switched it to 50/50 & it got a little better but 3rd gear use to be my favorite gear (without the bov) because it was so responsive. With the bov it sucked!!! Not I am stock again & it is oooooo sooooo smooth like butter. So now I have a 6 day old GFB hybrid on ebay for alot less than I paid. BUMMER!!!!! Live & learn.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMESSE%3AIT

J.D.
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

have to agree with you there...100% ATM sounds annoying. I've been waiting for the weekend all week so I'd have time to put it back to 50/50...or just take it off all together after 2 years....just getting sick of it I guess...

I like how the SSQV sounds, but I just can't justify spending almost $400 on a 100% bling item
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

HKS BOV Problem

How do I get the HKS Bov from hitting the bottom of the hood so that my car stops bucking? My HKS already has markings from the hood

Any suggestions? except for taking it off, putting in the original, and buying a new.

face the exit side toward the passenger side, should be fine.
    warranty? your kidding right?

my car feels the same between stock and the hks. i think you guys just haven't found the sweet spot on tuning it. shifts fine,idles fine,i get flames out the exhaust either way
    warranty? your kidding right?

Will a TurboSmart Dual Stage BOV fit a TurboXS V2 TMIC?

Hi, Will a TurboSmart Dual Stage Blow Off Valve work/fit a TurboXS V2 TMIC.
    I am concerned with it clearing the manifold.
    Anybody? Parts place does'nt know and they will charge me a restocking fee.

Anybody?

never heard of a BOV of that brand.

It will fit. My turbosmart bov fits the fmic...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Yes but with the front mount you don't have the issues with the manifold like with the top mount.
    A Go fast Bits will not work with the TurboXS TMIC as it hits the manifold.
    Thanks

Originally posted by 2.2gotboost
    Yes but with the front mount you don't have the issues with the manifold like with the top mount.
    A Go fast Bits will not work with the TurboXS TMIC as it hits the manifold.
    Thanks
    if that dont work than it wont work with the txs tmic, if you dont installed it right it will hit the intake manifold on the stock one.
    here is pic in for does who never seen one:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turbosmart.jpg  
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

Originally posted by wrxspeed
    if that dont work than it wont work with the txs tmic, if you dont installed it right it will hit the intake manifold on the stock one.
    here is pic in for does who never seen one:
    I don't understand???? How many ways can you install a TMIC and a BOV? I know for a fact that the GFB BOV would NOT work unless you done some filing.

What would be real cool is if you have one of the TurboSmart Dual Stage BOV's you take some meaurements for me.
    From bottom of base to top of cap. Maybe diameter of cap and diameter of body.
    Does the yoke of the maifold fit in the hourglass shape of the adjusting cap?

i dont have on my car cause i just upgraded to fmic and had no time to put it on cause of the dyno day yesterday, on the stock ic you have to remove the breather tubes for it to fit they provide you with a hose & T fitting like on the picture above .
    i had no problem with it, i took it of one time to do something I forget didnt put back together right .....it has a little up and down play i forgot to push up a little and it hit the intake manifold when i let of the gas at high rpm because of engine movement.
    any way maybe this will you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aps install 014.jpg  
    Dont Back Down Now!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.