"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 210

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; did you even read the rest of the posts? Obviously, he only needs the maf replaced for 300 and the ...

did you even read the rest of the posts?

Obviously, he only needs the maf replaced for 300 and the cats are not there cuz he took them out so he doesn't need that fixed.

Originally posted by 1wrx4u2c
    So im kind of scared now I have a txs rfl bov and I was wondering if they are bad for the engine? I also took the intake silencer off and have a cat-back exhaust. I have noticed that I blow a little smoke not sure if this is bad though. It only happens at high RPM
    so any opinions
    Thanks,
    Dennis
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Spooky
    the B-Spec one is 100% atmospheric!!! It's on "WKD WGN"'s car...it sound real nice too

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/marketpla...spec/index.htm
    Why does it say in the website that this is one of the only BOV's on the market that does not throw a CEL ?

It seems like more people run there BOVs open atmosphere and have no problems . I may try it ? Any other comments ?
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

Originally posted by dizastical
    Why does it say in the website that this is one of the only BOV's on the market that does not throw a CEL ?

That is odd, I dont recall any bovs throwing cels.
    Alex

Had HKS SSQV, once I put the stock one back on I was amased. Better gas milage, no more back firing, a LOT peppier between shifts. The recirc keeps the turbo spooled. I would go with one w/recirc.

Will the Forge BOV hold 20 psi + ? Does anyone have this BOV and run that much boost ? Thanx . Dave
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

It seems like more people run there BOVs open atmosphere and have no problems . I may try it ? Any other comments ?

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT BOV'S THROWING A CEL ON BUT IT SHOULDN'T, OR MAYBE IT'S WAS A FALSE ADVERTISEMENT

ONLY COMMENT I HAVE ON THE B-SPEC USA BOV IS IT SOUNDS LIKE A MISSILE FIRING AT OTHER CARS SIGNALING TO GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!
    Myspace

2007 WRX TR - "stock for now"

I am torn between the Forge and the Greddy Type-S . I have had the type S before on my twin turbo RX-7 and it was great . God and Garret from world one both said to go with the Greddy . I need a good BOV that WILL hold 20 PSI + . I dont know if the Forge will hold that much boost ? I cant find any info on weather it can or not ? I have searched all night ! I may just run the greddy and try it 100% open atmosphere . I have the E-01 and E-manage which says in the manual that you can tune for a BOV so that it will not run rich or stall out the car . It is called the anti engine stall . Does anyone know how to set up that feature on the E manage ? Thanx . Dave
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

yeah...got with the GReddy Type-S, its a great sound...and i think it will hold the amount of boost that u persist to hold...
    Myspace

2007 WRX TR - "stock for now"

I've got a Greddy Type S with the flange I'll sell ya. It has a scratch on it though.

why are you selling it ? How much ? Pics !
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

Honestly, I just don't need it, my car is practically stock. I have it on the car right now. I will shoot some video of it on the car when I get home and let you know a price.

Will the Forge BOV hold 20 psi + ? Does anyone have this BOV and run that much boost ? Thanx . Dave
    I am running mine at 17.5 and I am sure that there wouldn't be a problem running 20 with the stiffest spring.

Just give them a call and ask. They have great customer service.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I just put on the GFB hybrid at 100% atm. last week and it seems to be doing grrrrreat! (babies everywhere!!!...lol, sorry, funny commercial). I have noticed that the turbo spools up faster and I have better throttle response. I am very satisfied. As to the whoosh sound, it is not too loud, not too quiet. A nice clean air sound. Higher pitched than the forge.
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Originally posted by supercompact
    Honestly, I just don't need it, my car is practically stock. I have it on the car right now. I will shoot some video of it on the car when I get home and let you know a price.
    If I decide to get rid of it, I will do $150 shipped. It includes the plug for the recirculate hose too. It has a scratch on the top. I will post a video later this afternoon.

anybody at this point that buys a WRX and puts on an AEM cai has to be a former civic owner
    Sunset Orange Metallic 2003 WRX

aim- skrypaksWRX