"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 208

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My HKS BOV rubbed a bit. Didn't notice if it interupted the seal around the intercooler or not. Put the ...

My HKS BOV rubbed a bit. Didn't notice if it interupted the seal around the intercooler or not. Put the stock one back on as I did. This is the best advice as your car will run better :0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

universal bov??

hey guys i just wanted to know wut the difference was with universal blow off valves and blow off valves made specifically for your car. wuts the difference?? i mean do u actually have to weld the bov on to your ic if you have a universal, or is it just a bolt on if you have one made specifically for your car. im trying to get a blitz dd bov and i dunno whether to get one made for the wrx only or get a universal. which is a better buy? im just wondering because i would just like to have a bolt on (simple installatio) really trying to avoid the welding part. thanx
    you'll have my license plate memorized by the time were done racing =)

I wouldnt go universal, Get the parts made for the car! Could prevent trouble down the line. I wouldnt want something on my car that would fit on a neon too. lol
    04 WRX Premium, Blue
    STI Spoiler
    STI Hood Scoop, Air splitter
    Front Bumper Splitters
    STI Side Skirts
    18" Kazera KZ-R's

heheh yeah thanx. well does anyone know the answer to which is bolt on and which is welded on?

no flange for j00.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I'll sell you my Blitz BOV & flange for a price you can't resist...PM me.

I think he is interested in a flange, not the bov...
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Obviously, but Im willing to sell mine as a whole kit for the price of just the flange.

how much. Corey was asking for me...I came across a Blitz bov brand new for cheap but if your selling i could sell mine on ebay or something.

How much do you want?
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

65 bucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blitz2.jpg  
    Last edited by VF22WRX; 04-07-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Look for ones specifically made for the WRX, and you wont have to weld anything, just bolt it on. I never heard of anyone welding a BOV to there IC.
    04 WRX Premium, Blue
    STI Spoiler
    STI Hood Scoop, Air splitter
    Front Bumper Splitters
    STI Side Skirts
    18" Kazera KZ-R's

well i dunno if they weld it on their ic but i know i read somewhere that some requires welding.. correct me if im wrong anyone...

The WRX "specific" blow-off valves aren't actually any different in desing from their universal counterparts. The discrepency is that they include an adapter flange that bolts directly to the stock TMIC; the BOV then attaches to that flange somehow. A universal valve comes with a weld on flange. If you have the stock TMIC, a WRX specific kit is really the only option (it's usually only a few bucks more anyhow). A universal BOV is only useful if you have an aftermarket FMIC to which you must weld a BOV flange. If you choose to go w/an FMIC later, you can re-use your wrx specific BOV, you just need to have the universal flange welded onto the FMIC piping.

-Michael

Arrow Who's Running A BOV Open Atmosphere ?

I was wondering who is running an aftermarket blow off valve open atmosphere ? Are you having any rough idle or problems between shifts ? I will be running 20 PSI or more and my stock BOV is leaking already ! I just wanted to get some feedback before I pick one out ! Any info at all would be great . Thanx in advance ! Dave
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

I dont have one but there are a few bovs that will hold over 20psi and are not full atm. Such as the APS one, I know a guy with an sr50 running the aps bov off his front mount with no problems.
    Alex