"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 205
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; oh dude the GFB is a lot louder and a lot cleaner sounding then the stock bypass with the hose ...

oh dude the GFB is a lot louder and a lot cleaner sounding then the stock bypass with the hose takin off. Like i said I had one and i loved it. It is a really fast BOV . I loved the sounds.. not annoyingly loud.. and not soft.. you can deffinately hear it.
    Team VR - Vivid Racing
    www.vividracing.com
    gabe@vividracing.com
    480-966-3040 x 290
    CLICK ME HERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Auto's keep boost between shifts therefore nothing has to be blown off! If you want the sound, build some boost then let off the gas. You should be able to hear it then. I have the HKS BOV and its sounds great
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

t
    Thanks for the few good posts there were. I don't plan on just sticking a BOV on I never did say that I dont think. I do want a bigger turbo but nothing too big. Part of the point of this was see what engine performance would be like with it. Notice i said i thinking of what I want to do ... I also intend to get a uppipe and and cat back exhaust.

Just cut the crap and get a Forge dump valve...end of story

Two more questions. Who makes the GFB and how much do they usually run?
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

Haha... sorry.

GFB makes the GFB. The company is called Go Fast Bits, and the BOV is called the hybrid BOV i believe.

I think GFB is a part of Subaru as well... so they make a good product that fits nicely.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

I went on a canyon run a few days ago and got some good opportunities to safely capture some clips.

video
    hope you like it
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Did you use the yellow spring? If not, you should, still sounds like the spring is a bit too tight.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

first video had the yellow spring in it. Second has the green one. Green seems to work well but vents pretty easily under partial throttle
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

STI Blow Off Valve

So is it really worth to install it? I know it sounds awesome but I heard it might be bad for the engine. What is the truth about that? Would I loose the warranty if I installed it?

It would take you 5 minutes to take it off; so you can just take if off before bringing it into Subaru.

It is not bad for the engine; you just wont see any performance gains.

Depending on the bov and your luck it could cause stumbling at idle.
    Alex

GFB BOV 50/50 to 100% Problems

Well I have been running my GFB Hybrid Blow Off Valve for almost a year and a half. I have always ran it 50/50 with great results. My friend and I decided to give 100% a try for the heck of it. We installed everything properly for 100% operation. Put the plug in the return hose, capped the BOV and connected the vacuum line. For some reason it would not vent what so ever. It didn't even feel like there was any boost building. We checked our installation a bunch of times and even took everything off and put it back together. Is there something wrong with my blow off valve? I put it back to the 50/50 setting and it worked like a charm.

i thing im having the same problem with my HKS bov. i also notice it when i let off of the gas kinda slowly (abit hard to explain) it souns like the spring is causing the valve to flutter. with more spirited shifting its alot more accurate, no complaints.
    what kind of adjustment helped? (i bought my rex used, i really know nothing about this bov)

I just installed a TXS Type H BOV just for sh-ts and giggles on my car and I'm also getting a flutter at low to medium boost, sometimes even at higher boost The more boost there is the better it sounds but I have yet to get a healthy sounding woosh. I've taken all of the washers out, and it still does it. I put two washers in and it sound like it wasn't opening at low to medium boost. If I have the car in nuetral and rev it up to like 4k RPM's (no washers or maybe 1 installed), I get a nice woosh. With the tranny in gear, I get a nasty flutter when letting off. WTF. Anybody know why? Will this hurt my car?
    Oh yes, the BOV is 100% atmospheric and I have the stock TMIC.

--Jay--

OH, yeah, Welcome back, Fahd Good to hear from you!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.