"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 202

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Most BOV's are the same. So what you have will be fine with your setup. HKS makes slightly different types ...

Most BOV's are the same. So what you have will be fine with your setup. HKS makes slightly different types that have 2 champers know as pull types. these valves dont leak. most all other BOV's will leak after a few years of use.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So back on topic...

I guess the word is that 100% atm on the GFB is not really a good thing? It is loud, but causes problems?
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

hmm this might change my mind from getting the TXS one since people have had problems with it. Nice touch at the end

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds good...is this the 100% atmospheric version, or am I on crack in thinking that they make a 50/50 one?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Well, try it at 100% atm. and see what you think. If you don't like it change it back. That's the cool thing about the GFB, you can go both ways. I know a few people running full atm. bov and they absolutely love them and the way they run. The WRX just wasn't made to run a full atm. bov unless modified. I won't hurt the car but will slow it down a bit.
    02 WRX SRP
    85 Mustang GT Convertable

Mods: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1030367&postcount=236

Originally posted by Verdugo
    Sounds good...is this the 100% atmospheric version, or am I on crack in thinking that they make a 50/50 one?
    yeah I'm using the 100%atm version, they also do make a recirculating one as well
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I bought one used, and run it 50/50. No problems, I wasn't looking for huge sound effects though, sounds just right. Cars runs great too.
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

loudest are RFLs and Blitz 1st gen

removing the intercooler is more work, but makes it alot easier.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

thanks for the help....i didnt take the intercooler out cause i didnt find the need to...it was pretty easy...i love the sound of the hks bov....its killer...and i havent even gotten by exhaust yet...cant wait!!!

Oil residue on BOV

A friend of mine was wondering what causes a little bit of oil residue on the blow off valve. Is it something he needs to be concerned about? I didn't know the answer for sure so I decided to ask everyone else?
    Thanks
    PE 1818 Turbo, PE 650cc injectors, PE 215lph fuel pump, Blitz Front mount intercooler, Blitz downpipe , Blitz uppipe, Blitz suction intake, 5zigen catback, STI clutch , Turbo XS UTEC , Blitz SSBC , Blitz turbo timer, JIC flta-2 Coil-overs, C-West Boby kit

It is normal. Blowby gasses from the crankcase are vented back into the intake stream the gasses contain oil residue that can build up leaving some gunk. Just clean it up or get a catch can to stop it from happening.

Hks Bov.

I have a universal HKS BOV lying around in my house.

does anyone know where to buy a flange for WRX?

t

BOV question

I'm currently stock waiting for the warranty to end, so this gives me time to think about what I want to do, Iv'e read in a few threads that Bov decreases the engine performance when the turbo is stock, why is that ? My understanding was that the bOV opened to let air into the turbo when you're not on the throttle to keep the turbo spooling.

While we're on the subject what's a everyday turbo , that I don't have to worry about detonating my motor with? Responses greatly appreciated.

- thanks

Some cars behave oddly with an aftermarket BOV, others seem to run fine. Most people will say you don't need to get one unless you go above 17-18 psi.