"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 201
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i jus ordered my bov and it should be coming in about 2 or three days....i was jus wondering ...

hks bov

well i jus ordered my bov and it should be coming in about 2 or three days....i was jus wondering if someone can point me to a tutorial of how to install it or something.....or maybe u can post instructions up...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    definitely use the search function to search out specific threads where this has been discussed. You will get a really good idea of whether or not you want one from those threads.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

well id say a bov is not needed but it sounds kewl as hell but if its going to cause problems than i dont want it so why does it cause problems....or does it not cause problems i need to know

Gfb Bov

Hey i was wondering if anyone has a GFB, and they switched from 50/50 to 100% atm. I want more noise, and i figure 100% will do the trick.

Will simply adjusting the thumb screw on it give me more or less sound?

I ran a search but didnt find the info i'm looking for.

Also, i dont have my instructions anymore, so if someone can tell me how to switch it to 100% atm, that's be great.

Ty.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

I paid about $170 for mine. Get a used one. No need to spend all that money on a new one. I know I wouldn't.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

RICE!.. lose it.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

I've been running mine at 50/50 for two years now. Last week, I got bored one day and tried 100%. Sounded great but definetely hurt performance. Idled fine, ran fine, but when shifting it bogged pretty bad. I then tried the stock valve just for fun. Don't like the stock valve during shifts either. Felt like it hesitated between shifts. Ended up putting the GFB back on at 50/50 and am still loving it. I've thought about getting a GFB Stealth or a Worx Tuning BOV so I can have more adjustment to sound and performance.
    02 WRX SRP
    85 Mustang GT Convertable

Mods: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1030367&postcount=236

i had one- and had it at 50/50 for 3 months. It wasnt loud enough for me, so i changed it to 100% and got rid of it because it was too loud. No i enjoy running no bov.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

i use the GFB BOV @ 100%. it is not that loud of a BOV compared to others. if you want to vent all of the air and not recurculate any this is how if i remember.

there is a plug that comes with the valve from GFB. disconnect the hose that vents the air back to the turbo completely. plug up the end with the supplied plug and tighten the clamp. install the supplied cover over the BOV and reinstall the BOV onto the intercooler. Done.
    P.S. i have never had any problems when shifting with the GFB unless i shift @ low rpm's.

Originally posted by mountainrex
    i use the GFB BOV @ 100%. it is not that loud of a BOV compared to others. if you want to vent all of the air and not recurculate any this is how if i remember.

there is a plug that comes with the valve from GFB. disconnect the hose that vents the air back to the turbo completely. plug up the end with the supplied plug and tighten the clamp. install the supplied cover over the BOV and reinstall the BOV onto the intercooler. Done.
    P.S. i have never had any problems when shifting with the GFB unless i shift @ low rpm's.
    Yea thats how you change it over, I just changed mine to 100% after having it at 50/50 for a year. No problems with shifting so far and the guy I bought it from had no problems either. If you wanna hear a loud BOV listen to the Blitz, its louder coming from someone elses car as they are driving next to you than the GFB is in your own car. I still think mine is quiet compared to that.
    Last edited by Sunkist; 03-04-2004 at 10:08 PM.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Originally posted by Sunkist
    Yea thats how you change it over, I just changed mine to 100% after having it at 50/50 for a year. No problems with shifting so far and the guy I bought it from had no problems either. If you wanna hear a loud BOV listen to the Blitz, its louder coming from someone elses car as they are driving next to you than the GFB is in your own car. I still think mine is quiet compared to that.

If you want loud, check the RFL... man i love that obnoxious piece of metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    If you want loud, check the RFL... man i love that obnoxious piece of metal.

I havent heard it personally but I have heard the testimonies, damn loud
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Forge bov video

Around the time that I was looking into the forge bov I was a little disappointed that there was a lack of video/audio files for this little gadget. The ones direct from forge are horrible and their bov seems to be using a very stiff spring. The forge sounds quite different when you use a lighter spring in it. enjoy, hope the vid doesn't go down

oh yeah and I apologize ahead of time for the bad digicam quality but I guess you just need the sound anyway

forge bov
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Normally it would be here..... http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&threadid=3607
    But the link is down.

I don't know what kit you ordered, but if it comes with a stopper, it should be a fairly simple install. Fist you unbolt the stock one and remove the hose clamp from the recirculation(the big one) hose and the vacuum(the small one) hose. Pull the stock one off. Put the plug in the recirculation hose and tighten up the hose clamp. Then just bolt the HKS one on and put the vacuum hose back on. Hope this helps a little. You should be able to figure it out.
    Cameron

Bov help

My mods are in my sig. I now have an uninstalled fmic, headers, intake, and fuel rails. I need help w/ a bov. I used to have a rfl from txs. Is that one adequete again or should I get another one that will work better w/my setup. I will be dyno tuned if that makes a difference....I thought of getting:

rfl
    tial
    turbo smart
    greddy

what do you think will work best or any other suggestions?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.