"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 200
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; who need cats anyway? 2000$ is much unless you have fu**ed the car. It does run right? clear the cell, ...

who need cats anyway? 2000$ is much unless you have fu**ed the car. It does run right? clear the cell, loose the cats and get a cellfix and tell us what happend..
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok this is just stupid, a dealership saying something is wrong with his CAT's, hell yeah their is, its because they are not there, he has a TurboXS Stealth back. Their is nothing wrong with his CAT's he just doesnt want as many so run as fast as possible from that dealership and never go back. Most likely the CEL is because of the P0420 (cat inefficiency), simple Pony Express mil eliminator will fix that, 20 bucks.

What really bothers me about this post is, you have not said anything actually running bad about the car, just what the dealer has said? First find out what the CEL's are and report back, second if the car is actually having problems running tell us whats going on so we can help. If the car is running bad have you tried replacing the CAI with the stock parts. And last most likely unless the BOV is broken its not causing any problems, the car only runs rich during shifts, but its not because its telling the ECU to add more fuel, its just not venting the air back into the intake like the stock BOV does.

And no unless the product actually failed you can't go after TurboXS or AEM. And my guess is they have not failed, the CAI was probably not tunned for the car, and the BOV unless it stays open or shut all the time didn't cause any problems you may or may not be having.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

Put stock airbox and BOV back on, reset the ECU and your fine.

Modding a car without a clue as to what you are doing is not recommended.

Question blow off valves good or bad?

hi everyone well i bought my wrx sunday...and i wanted to get a bov...i was talking to this one guy and he said other bovs are bad for wrx's because they have a maf sensor and the stock bov recirculate or do something like that...i just wanted to know if this is true and why it does this...and which bov is the best...thanks for the help

It can cause lots of problems, most notably running very rich in between shifts. This and rough idle/driveability will come with a blow off valve.

For future questions, use the search function, and check all FAQ threads first. ( i would be hypocritical if i didnt say it usualy takes a post or two to learn this. )
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

if i crushed my bov would i get more sound....i know this is maybe ricer but i want more sound damnit...but i dont want to do anymods that would damage my precious rex

Originally posted by i like high psi
    if i crushed my bov would i get more sound....i know this is maybe ricer but i want more sound damnit...but i dont want to do anymods that would damage my precious rex
    NO.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

help adjusting forge bov

I've been using my forge for a few weeks now, it works pretty well but doesn't seem to always blow off when it should. When boost is under 6psi, the bov will vent fine in any gear. But in fourth and fifth gear it won't vent at all if boost is above 6psi. This seems a little counterintuitive to me so I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm using the yellow spring
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Mine does the same. I had the yellow spring but switched to the green after I heard some sort of spring "rattle" type sound in 4th and 5th gears. Works just fine now.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

yeah i guess i should try that. I've used all the springs cept the green one. But wouldn't it be expected to blowoff in 4th and 5th at higher boost if its doing it in lower boost, regardless of the spring?
    ill put in the green one. I like how the yellow spring made a higher pitched noise, coool
    03 wrx

It blows off at strange times. I think the yellow spring is a bit too stiff for my current setup. Still stock turbo, with MBC. The green one blows off alot. I think you will like it.

adding a bov will have a potential for more problems with idling and running rich as previously mentioned but I use one anyway! I like the sound and haven't had any of these problems yet
    03 wrx

good or bad? i'd word it as needed or not needed. but that's just me.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Re: blow off valves good or bad?

Originally posted by i like high psi
    which bov is the best...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails search.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i had paid 245xx for my blitz

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.