"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 198

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you BOV could be leaking and not letting boost build by relieving it before its time to "blow off"....

you BOV could be leaking and not letting boost build by relieving it before its time to "blow off".
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Put your stock BOV back on and see what happens. If you're still having your boost problem then you know it's not your TXS BOV that's messed up but something else. Good luck.
    '03 WRX wagon
    '97 Civic EX supercharged
    Beechjet 400A and Hawker 800 driver

cnk
    Got mine from Gruppe-s.com for $230 as a kit with everything you need. The price has since gone up to $280 though.

Calvin

when BOVs sell used, they sell for considerably below new price, and they should look and function exactly the same. thats the route i would go if i were you.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

That's what I meant. I just said it kind of vaguely.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Hey, is there some guide to the stock wrx bov which says it will start leaking at 20psi? I'm just wondering for a few reasons. From what I've noticed, the spring pressure is frickin tight from the factory. Also, the more pressure is going through the bov, the more is holding it closed. Is it not a 1 to 1 ratio? Shouldn't the stock bov stay closed unless the pressure changes between the manifold to the intercooler? I thought the spring pressure is just there to claibrate how much the change actually has to be b4 the valve opens(could be wrong).... Wouldn't crushing the bov just make it less responsive?
    Thanks,
    hippy

thanks fellas i didnt know if used was the way to go

Bought my GFB Hybrid used for $70 shipped.

Damn, I paid about 270 for my WorxTuning Dual Action BOV.
    Creeping up on creeping for a decade.
    Bugeye Mafia V2 #322

Angry BOV return HOSE!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought the perrin turbo inlet pipe and im installing. But the freakin BOV return hose, i cant get it off!!!!! im going crazy someone please help me. Alson i cant seem to get the screw off that holds the stock inlet pipe to the throttle body! ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kind of confused.. You're not trying to take the hose clamps all the way off, are you? You just loosen them and pull the hose off.. Sorry, I just don't see how there could be a problem.

i cant reach the hose clamp. its positioned upside down and my fingers cant reach.

Oh THAT hose. That one is a biatch to get off. It took me about an hour. I managed to get a pliers on it enough to squeeze the clamp and rotate it on the hose. Once I got it to a postition I could get at easily, I pushed the clamp back up the hose a bit to release the pressure of it around the turbo.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

One guy I work with just used a dremel on the clamp and replaced it with a screw type clamp.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

What is a dremel? Now ive beenm working on it a few times today, trying to get that thing off and its still on tighter than a mofo! More ideas anyone?