"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 195

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oh yeah. Der! Thanks....

Oh yeah. Der! Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Biru
    is HKS bov same as yours???
    i don't really now

Thanks
    The concept is the same. If it's not venting when it should or flutters during some blowoffs you need less tensile strength in the spring, by a softer spring or less spacers.

fre
    Well I redid my intake and rechecked my intercooler connections and I don't believe it is that. It sounds so slight, I would almost think it's just an intake sound. Only happens for about a second when my boost spikes in fourth and fifth gear. I can't get it to really happen anymore in 1-3. I have no idea, probably a very slight uppipe leak hrmm. The strange part is my boost goes just as high in 3rd gear and 2nd gear, but no sound, but in fourth and fifth I get it. I think I hit some sort of boost cut in 2nd gear, because my car just completely lost power and the CEL flashed real quick at WOT. Oops, guess the ecu crossed the line and needs to go back

I have the same problem with my car, and i even made a post about it. It was the one where i had the uppipe stud break and i fixed it and replaced the gasket from the turbo to uppipe. Then yesterday, i replaced the bottom uppipe gasket, the one to the manifold. I still hear the sound, BARELY. I does sound kinda like a supercharger whine, and goes up and down and up and down till the boost levels out. The boost also shouldnt be fluctuating so much either......anyway, theres like no way i have a uppipe leak still unless there is something wrong with this stock gutted uppipe. Help us out!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

I've tried so many things to try to fix the up-pipe leak. Still leaking
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

fre
    Originally posted by jfandem
    I have the same problem with my car, and i even made a post about it. It was the one where i had the uppipe stud break and i fixed it and replaced the gasket from the turbo to uppipe. Then yesterday, i replaced the bottom uppipe gasket, the one to the manifold. I still hear the sound, BARELY. I does sound kinda like a supercharger whine, and goes up and down and up and down till the boost levels out. The boost also shouldnt be fluctuating so much either......anyway, theres like no way i have a uppipe leak still unless there is something wrong with this stock gutted uppipe. Help us out!
    Well the boost fluxuates, but seems to hold fine so I will probably just leave it at that and say it is another noise my car makes now I double checked at 1200 feet and I was holding 1.14 ish bar very stable so I am not worried. However I am going to make a post about another problem I am now having.

bov and res box?

if i put on a BOV do you think i should put the resonator box back in, (since i took it off for the sound)?? thanks

No . With the resistor box in you loose some spool up time . When I took mine out my car pulled harder on the low and mid range . Also had full boost about 250 rpm sooner than before .
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

Feels like BOV isn't working properly

Hey all...long time no post. I trust you're all doing well

I need your insite. I've recently installed my Blitz FMIC, and have been experiencing some weird things. Not sure if it's normal or not. When the BOV (HKS) goes off, it sounds like it flutters. Locam (a member on here) said that the Blitz IC is known for the loud wastegate flutter. I'm not sure how loud it's supposed to be. I mean it sounds like the piping is shaking when I hear it. I've checked all the piping and everything seems to be snug and solid.

The other odd thing is when I let off the gas in 5th gear, I can hardly hear the BOV and it feels as though the car tremors/hesitates/bogs. But this is ONLY in 5th. Could it be that the spring needs some adjusting. I left a piece of the piping and the BOV at the machine shop to be welded, and it's possible that the guy may have messed with it...not sure.

Oh...and yes I got tuned...so it can't be anything to do with that.

Any help would be much appreciated
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

So no one's had anything similar to this happen to them after the FMIC install? To those who do have an FMIC, did your BOV work and/or sound the same after you installed your IC?
    Fahd

Nice to see ya back. Sorry I can't help with the BOV issue, as mine is still stock. Just wanted to say hi.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

crushed BOV

Does anyone run with a "crushed" BOV? If so, what has it done for you? My buddy has one on his eclipse, and im interested in knowing about the subaru BOV. Thanks

Originally posted by brembo
    Nice to see ya back. Sorry I can't help with the BOV issue, as mine is still stock. Just wanted to say hi.
    Hello to you too

I just got in touch with a local friend, and he seems to have the same thing happen to him. He has HKS BOV and TXS FMIC...he said it's boost surge. I'll try loosening the spring and see what happens.

Anywho, I'm just yapping...take care brembo
    Fahd

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea, I would loosen the spring or however that works... That sounds like the problem I had with my forge valve...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Boost Problem, Cant hear BOV

Hey guys, Ive posted a couple times about my boost problem. I have said before that boost seems to lag at .05 bar for a second or two then proceed to move past that. But once past .05 bar the needle is hesitant and climbs up and drop some and climb up again, very very touchy. Now I started noticing that once im past .05 bar I cannot hear my TXS RFL-H bov anymore. Which is definately not suppose to happen. I can hear the bov up to .05 bar, but once past that I hear it very little if at all. I dont know what is going on. I was wondering if it matters how far the restrictor has to be up on the hose that comes off the T-fitting to the turbo nipple and wonder if this has anything to do with my problem. I havent gotten my car to run right since I installed the hoses backwards when putting my boost back to stock and split my hoses and had to get new ones to reinstall. I was wondering what places I should be checking out in case of anything vaccum lines split, etc. Would appreciate any responses !