"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 189
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; did you take the purple insert out?...

did you take the purple insert out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

u took the screw out?
    you'll have my license plate memorized by the time were done racing =)

Make sure your vacuum lines are connected properly. The blow off valve wont open, if there's no vacuum to tell it to.
    www.thewrxstore.com
    T3/T4 Kits starting @ $2500.

630.510.8981- Voice
    630.510.9978- Fax

everything is hooked up fine. I put the screw back in. the purple insert is in....but still no sound
    02' BlacKDuB

hks bov

it could just be from the flash from his camerabut if you look at the first picture the adjustment screw looks like it has had tools on it in the past.in the second picture the cap nuts around the circumference of the bov also look like they have had tools on them also. you said it was bought new on ebay. was it in the factory sealed hks box or was it just sent to you in another box and said to be new because to me the valve looks like someone has messed with it in the past (like i said earlier could be the flashfrom you camera) if it wasn't i would guestion the ebay seller
    on a wrx high

mods: borla cat back,quantum racing intercooler spray kit and splitter,k&n filter,removed intake silencer

yeah the bov was in a different box ill email the seller....thnx
    02' BlacKDuB

Originally posted by Trailboss
    BOV's are going to run anywhere from around $180-240.

I used to have a 100% Atomspheric BOV, the TurboXS RFL, and although I didn't really mind the sound, it went off ALL THE TIME...like...lift off throttle at 2200rpms, and it would go off.

Also, the 100% atmospheric BOV doesn't recirculate, meaning no air back through the intake. You'll run rich and get worse gas mileage.

If I were ever to pick up another one, I'd go with one that recirculated -- something around a 50/50 set up.
    ive looked around at about 2 or 3 places and they are going to sell the HKS bov for $285!!! are they ripping me off?

www.worldoneperformance.com

theres a vendors forum on here also.... try searching it for the product you desire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails search.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by Trailboss

Also, the 100% atmospheric BOV doesn't recirculate, meaning no air back through the intake. You'll run rich and get worse gas mileage.
    Hey josh, wouldn't it be the same gas mileage, I mean its not like the car will throw in more gas just because there isn't that extra air in the intake from the recirculating valve. All it does is make you run rich for a second.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

try removing your intake silencer first, see if you like that, nice "middle of the road" kinda sound

Registered User IntercoolerOnTo's Avatar

Question forge blow off valve

I just bought a forge blow-off valve and wanted to know what spring to put in for my stock 04 wrx.
    It has a REDLINE for a reason!!!

Please explain to me what the differnce in the springs is. Do they do it by amt of boost?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Registered User IntercoolerOnTo's Avatar
    they just gave me a blow off valve with 3 springs a red, yellow and green it doesnt say which color to use for stock boost.
    It has a REDLINE for a reason!!!

Originally posted by IntercoolerOnTo
    they just gave me a blow off valve with 3 springs a red, yellow and green it doesnt say which color to use for stock boost.
    is there an instruction manual?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

use the blue first, if it does not blow off enough for your liking use the yellow one.

red
    blue
    yellow
    green

in order of stiffest to softest

hope this helps
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.