"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 184

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yeah--matt's diagram kicks it. I'm new to the WRX and this forum and that diagram makes cake out of the ...

Yeah--matt's diagram kicks it. I'm new to the WRX and this forum and that diagram makes cake out of the system.

peace.love.respect.
    Ramsey Auto Group in NJ should be incinerated by a meteor at God's earliest convenience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For three hundred, get an uppipe and boost controller
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

eddie,

The exhaust for a GC8 is very similar to the WRX. You can get a ScoobySport system that is designed for the GC8 if you visit here: http://www.rallyperformance.com

Hope this helps!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I have a great idea...use it for the first payment. I hear thats always a pretty good mod
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

For $300, get an uppipe and i/c hoses
    Tuned Perfection Autosports
    2005 Sti Widebody

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    For three hundred, get an uppipe and boost controller
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

dont screw with boost until you get the proper gauges, (boost + egt. Have fun installing that upipe should u choose to buy one...

Hippy's links should be very helpful.. But dont be sucked into the idea that u must have an intake and BOV. Neither really benefit performance unless you are running a huge turbo, and have spent over 2g's in that related area. some, if not most actually hurt performance.

also get used to the idea that 7 out of 10 dealers are very trigger happy when it comes to voiding warranty due to modifications.
    we have laws that protect us, but subaru can still screw us...

word of wisdom... wait till 1k miles before letting her rip, and be gentle on that transmission... last but not least, smile you have yourself a great car, that excels in just about every test that is thrown at it.

03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

For $300, I'd get:

Blitz DTT DCII Turbotimer/boost gauge: $120
    Samco Hoses: $120
    MBC: $40-$60

Skip the BOV or Intake. If you MUST get an intake, get a Blitz SUS.

-Michael

Originally posted by Schaf100
    For $300, I'd get:

Blitz DTT DCII Turbotimer/boost gauge: $120
    Samco Hoses: $120
    MBC: $40-$60

Skip the BOV or Intake. If you MUST get an intake, get a Blitz SUS.

-Michael
    Why samco's over an uppipe
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Easy mod to do that will help people learn how to take the intercooler off and put it back on. It also makes this process easier cause the hoses are more pliable. Could be a good stepping stone........

Originally posted by hippy78
    Easy mod to do that will help people learn how to take the intercooler off and put it back on. It also makes this process easier cause the hoses are more pliable. Could be a good stepping stone........
    True, but i wouldn't put it before an uppipe.

Also, i think the stock hoses are easier to put back on... There is a bracket to pry it on with a screwdriver and it workes every time easily.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

I was just assuming he wanted some quick mods to do to the car, and while I would agree that an up-pipe is a more effective mod, it's also an extremely difficult thing to install compared to an intake, bov, mbc etc...

If you feel comfortable installing an up-pipe or can pay to have it installed, then I would change my recco to an up-pipe over samcos....

-Michael

bov is not a performance mod. I always wonder why people put it in a list of mods, when they ask which car would win given these mods...

Plus, a bov may screw with your car...leaking under certain condition.

But to answer your questions, and what others have suggested...uppipe is one of the cheapest mod. However, it's one of the toughest mod to perform.

Just something to consider. Replacing any cat or deleting any cat is against the law. And if you have to comply with emisions regulation around your area, then you may need to think about that.

Yeh, I didn't mean to assume that anyone was a new-b or anything(not that it would be a bad thing).... I just think if ya pay $150 for something, there is no reason to pay that much to get it installed(which is the least amount you'd pay to get an uppipe installed if you don't know someone). If you are a new-b and reading this, installing an uppipe probably sounds pretty hard, especially since most downpipes don't even know what they are when you ask them if they can install them. That with the thought of killing the car and then having to have someone else fix it could be pretty scary. This would be why I say to save your money and do some reading.

Installing something on your car is a lot easier, less expensive and more rewarding in many ways then having someone else install it(especially if they screw up and you payed all that money for a poor install). This is kinda why I put all the links up there.... When you get your car(if you don't have it yet), you might wanna go out and get stuff as soon as you can, but that might not be the best idea in the world(for many reasons). Not that everyone has or want to take the time to know what they're actually doing to the car when they upgrade it, or that they wanna do the installs themselves, but I thought you might .

peace

My advice is to read every link that hippy78 posted before you buy anything. BTW - great post hippy78