"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 181
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by CKxx Also, the more I read the "STi Forum" the more I realize that you people need ...

Originally posted by CKxx

Also, the more I read the "STi Forum" the more I realize that you people need to look at the rest of this website more often. This EXACT question has been asked an answered more times than even god could imagine. Same goes for any question about an exhaust system. Try that searching that lil' guy down there named "engine performance."
    You mean theres very little need for a sti forum!!! No way
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by afpdl
    It goes whoosh or somthing and you may have idle stumbling problems, and run real rich between shifts which will shoot flames if your catless.

Edit: oh and these problems may or may not show up after several months of problem free use.
    Yup. BOV on WRX or STi = BAD IDEA. Try a bypass valve instead.

-Jim

Originally posted by afpdl
    You mean theres very little need for a sti forum!!! No way
    Has the thought come up already?
    I created my avatar.

Yup, I think there should be a 2.5L ENGINE forum only. Everything else fits fine with the rest of the forums.
    Alex

very true, good idea.
    I created my avatar.

Do I need a recirculating BOV

I heard that on the WRX if you dont get a recirculating bov then your car will run realy rich and crappy. is this true

Not always.... It seems that some cars do this while some don't. If you do a search you can read TONS of arguements from both sides and personal experiences. I personally have a 100% atmospheric one with no problems.
    Cameron

Same here. I have the HKS BOV, its 100% atmo. and have had no problems so far.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

thanx

I have an rfl bov and it only gets a little rich after shifts. Usually a little pop of unburnt fuel exiting the muffler. Other than that my car runs fine.

While some people claim to have experienced problems, most of the world is just fine w/a 100% atmo BOV. Basically the worst thing that should happen is that you'll shoot more flames out if you're catless. As long as the BOV isn't leaking air at idle or under boost, there is absolutely no reason it should affect MAF readings anytime but between shifts...

-Michael

Originally posted by MildManneredMan
    I have an rfl bov and it only gets a little rich after shifts. Usually a little pop of unburnt fuel exiting the muffler. Other than that my car runs fine.
    I created my avatar.

Hey wait a second, your thewerks lol http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=481308

What do you need a BOV for I thought you had a 1993 2 door impreza
    Alex

Fluttery BOV?

I've noticed that some Japanese shops use a BOV that makes a fluttery noise. Can anyone tell me who makes them?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.