"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 179
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the notorious turbo xs washers....unless all 5 are inside...by the way when boosting between 17-20psi how many washers would you ...

one thing i dont see..

the notorious turbo xs washers....unless all 5 are inside...by the way when boosting between 17-20psi how many washers would you put in?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

STi BOV

Im looking to buy a new blow off valve for an STi. Im looking for a nice long pshhhh rather then a high pitched squeek. If anyone has information or possibly a sound bite i would b gratefull. thnx

check out turboXS's BOV - they have soundclips on their site. it sounds like what you're describing.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

god I hate those tweety laser-beam sounding ones

Im using the APS one that recirculates part of the air back, remember the MAF sensor has acounted for all that air and your computer still thinks its all heading into the engine! Nice thing about the APS one is its adjustable how much you want to hear the blow-off since it would drive me crazy if I heard it ALL the time, just when I get on it, and then it sounds like Darth Vader running a marathon!
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by Invisiguard
    Nice thing about the APS one is its adjustable how much you want to hear the blow-off since it would drive me crazy if I heard it ALL the time, just when I get on it, and then it sounds like Darth Vader running a marathon!

If you don't want the high-pitched sound, stay away from the HKS valve. Look into the FORGE valve, they have the sound you are looking for
    Impreza WRX STi owner to be

dont buy turboxs rfl. sounds good but it starts to leak at 5 psi !this is what xs engineering told me when i had them tune my car with it on there. they did it still but they said i could be losing like 20-30 hp on the top end.there is my 10 cents, the 2 cents are free!

I use the WorxTuning BOV. Great fit and finish with the ability to recirculate 0 to 100% with 3 additional setting in between.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

Does any one know the torque specs when installing a bov ?
    Please Help !!!

Rahi

i don't think there are any Torque specs for those bolts. Just screw them in untill they are tight, at least that is what i've done when i have had to take off my intercooler, i have never had any leaks or anything like that

have fun!

I have the TurboXS RFL BOV and have lost no boost. I will admit, there is some power lost, but I don't mind. I may replace it now that I have an exhaust and intake on there.
    2001 Honda S2000 Monte Carlo Blue
    2002 Honda Civic Si Satin Silver (Traded in for '04 STi)
    2003 Toyota Tundra Phantom Grey Pearl
    2004 Subaru WRX STi WR Blue

Im running a MRT BOV , seems to work well on the car and its adjustable, has nice sound and looks great red and chrome .
    Alex

2004 Aspen White STI

Greddy type S ...

Originally posted by wrxpaul
    Greddy type S ...
    how is the greddy type s bov? any performance loss? runs rich? do you have a sound clip?
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.