"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 178
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; but i guess would work better tuned? i was considering an hks bov because i've heard good things about them.......

the rfl gave me problems

but i guess would work better tuned? i was considering an hks bov because i've heard good things about them....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had a gfb and it had no problems. I changed back to the stock because i got sick of the sound. I also have a TMIC v2.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

yeh, I have a gfb and turboxs top mount. The problem is the turboxs top mounts bov mount doesn't fit the bov correctly. When I got it, I had to grind part of the flange off my bov to get it to sit flat on the intercooler. On another note, my intercooler came with metal shavings inside it.......

for those having problems???
    did you adjust the BOV???
    according to HKS they are preset from the factory

heres what someone wrote on their forum:

Anthony,
    Regardless of actual performance (good or bad), venting a blow off valve to atmosphere on any OE MAF car will cause a rich A/F condition when purging. As you mentioned, the OE configuration is recirculating. Also, the SSQV comes pre-adjusted from HKS intended for the specific vehicle. Often, users trying to adjust the SSQV do more harm than good.

Anyhow, here is my speculation on the other problems...

1.) Rich A/F: mentioned above
    2.) Stalling: BOV is adjusted too loosely
    3.) Turbo lag: there is a vacuum leak

SBW
    Originally posted by 20wrx02
    i have a turbo xs v2 tmic also i had a turbo xs bov but replaced it with the greddy type s --

big mistake.... it didnt fit and i called turbo xs and they said that turbo xs bovs should only go on the turboxs tmic ... i said screw it...

Thats a littel dis-heartening. I have a blitz on my v2 tmic, never had any problems. Other than its totally atmospheric and at very light throttle it kind of stutters.

I Support ClubWRX
    First of all, I suggest you use BRAND NEW gaskets for both the BOV and the cast pieces on the back of the intercooler before you start trouble shooting your problem. It is very easy to get a leak with old gaskets. And too many people trust old gaskets. Re-assure yourself by using BRAND NEW gaskets.

I have the TXS ver. 1 TMIC, which supposedly had more problems for mounting aftermarket BOV's than the ver. 2. I run a Forge 100% re-circulating BOV with absolutely NO problems.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a TXS Ver2 TMIC with an APS recirc BOV and I had an issue getting the valve to sit properly. I tried to alleviate the problem by torquing down the bolts a little too hard and stripped the IC threads. I had to use longer bolts to catch threads all the way at the bottom. I ended up having to put the BOV on the IC out of the car, then putting it in.... biggest PITA ever!

Works great now though...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

hey kurlee, I tried putting 3 gaskets on when it didn't fit cause I didn't wanna grind my bov. The tmic bov mount would not let my bov sit flat on it! I never even put the intercooler on til I grinded the bov cause I noticed it right when I got the intercooler and tried to get all the hosing to fit on correctly. This is not a gasket problem, it's cause txs only tests their intercoolers with their bovs(at least that would be my guess)..........

peace

installing turbo xs type h bov

I just bought this bov for my 04 wrx and I have a few questions for whom ever that can help me. What do I do the with black circle thing? What do I do with the spilter on the end of the tube ? Am I missing any gaskets? I bought the bov off ebay.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture.jpg  

Hi there,

First of all, that kit does look complete, so you're not missing anything. The stock gasket is pretty much attached to the intercooler and as long as you are careful when removing the stock BOV, it will not tear and is fully re-usable.

The black T-Connection at the end of the vacum line should only be used if you have a boost gauge installed. If you do, then you would put the T in-line between the new BOV and the stock bov vacum line. the Boost gauge line would then T-in there.

If you do not have a boost gauge installed, remove that whole line, and just plug the stock line onto the top of the BOV.

The "black circle" is actually a plug to the BOV return line that goes back to the intake. Since the Type-H does not recirculate, you will need t simply place this plug inside the return line.

Good luck,

Michael-

Do I completely remove the black pipe ? And do I need to secure the plug ?

You can remove the black pipe completely if you want to, but you will have to find a cap for where it goes back to the intake, otherwise you'll have a hole in your intake pipe

Honestly, it's much easier to just go ahead and plug the pipe, until you get an aftermarket turbo-inlet hose at which point you can cap it no problem.

-Michael

oh yeah, and in terms of the plug: There is already a butterfly clamp on the pipe and you can just re-use that.

-Michael

Thank You Very Much !!!!!!

You made my day !!!

Rahi

Haha, no problem, enjoy the BOV!!

-Michael

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.