"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 177

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by renichms The BOV itself would be the same. And since either one fits, I'm assuming the base ...

Originally posted by renichms
    The BOV itself would be the same. And since either one fits, I'm assuming the base pieces used to bolt it on are the same but just listed differently so the STi guys don't have to ask if the WRX kit fits.

RN
    yea its the same part #

so the people having problems with this BOV what are you experiencing???
    running rich?
    turbo lag?
    stalling?

im going to contact HKS and see what they have to say about it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The HKS BOV, IMO is a better bov compared to spring loaded (Push vs PULL) BOV's. It reacts very quickly to pressure changes, a very good quality BOV IMO. The running rich/lag issues depend soley on how much fuel your computer dumps compared to how much escapes when you shift.
    Silverbane
    An expert at anything was once a beginner...
    Pic 91MR2 T TD06 250rwhp *sold*
    STI next?

Originally posted by Silverbane
    I also said it vary's from car to car. Do this on an MR2 and they run so rich they have shut off mid-shift. Its an explination of what is going on, I never said to get rid of you bov

Its simply information for people that wonder why this happens when they switch to an aftermarket bov not a "Sell your BOV's now" Statement
    The thing with the MR2 shutting off sucks dude, sorry to hear about that. In my observation, the STi isn't much affected by it. My mileage has remained the same, lag (what little there is) has not been increased at all, etc.

I know you didn't mean to sound like you wanted us to get rid of the BOV if we had one already...sorry if I came across that way. It's also easier to switch between stock and aftermarket or vice-versa if you can install it yourself...so if it doesn't work you don't have to pay someone else to swap again. Excepting for one clamp, mine was a 20 minute install. Rant over.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

so how easy is it to install that BOV?

anything special needed?

Originally posted by qbbraveheart
    so how easy is it to install that BOV?

anything special needed?
    I'm hardcore postwhoring on this thread.

To install a BOV, you need: hands, tools to loosen and tighten the bolts (good ol' socket stuff), patience and the BOV kit. One person can easily do it, but two make it easier with some of the @#$% stock clamps on the hoses. The HKS kit comes with good instructions and even includes the plug for the recirculating hose.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

ok yea i thought it was that easy...nothing hard

post whoring huh???
    you want to talk about post whoring, I racked up close to 800 posts on another forum in just 3 days

Blitz BOV

Hi all,

Does anyone have the Blitz BOV installed on their STI? Did the installation cause any problems? and how is the BOV performing now that it's installed? I have searched for this but it seems that there are no Blitz BOV for the STI right now and i like that sound the best, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Actually i forgot to add that i was talking about the blitz supersound specifically. Sorry for the confusion.

I ran the Blitz DD on my STI for about 1 month. At low RPM's, I did experience some strange idle characteristics no matter how much I tried to adjust it.

Most of the BOV's should work on the STI with the addition of shims if necessary depending on manufacturer. However, you will probably be more satisfied with a BOV that does have some recirculation such as the WorxTuning or TurboSmart.
    Last edited by silversti; 01-04-2004 at 04:50 PM.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

Thanks for your input! =D

bump

need to know for tomorrow because im ordering it...

i have a turbo xs v2 tmic also i had a turbo xs bov but replaced it with the greddy type s --

big mistake.... it didnt fit and i called turbo xs and they said that turbo xs bovs should only go on the turboxs tmic ... i said screw it...

i made a flanged ( 2 hours of work) and it works fine no leaks...

from what your saying it does sound like a leak... do a water test
    pour some water on the flange of the bov and see if its leaking..

if so tighten but not to tight cuz u dont wanna strip threads on the intercooler.

do u have a boost gauge.. ? ? ?

usually if you have a leak on 3rd and 4th you will get dips on ur boost... like from 15psi on full throttle and it slowly drops down while ur foot is still on the gas...

I have a blitz bov and have had it for about 3 months really the only difference that I have seen to my sti other than the sound of the turbo (which I really love ) is that the car burns rich I also have a turbo exhaust with no cat so I am not sure if burning rich is because of the exhaust and bov or just the bov

i sold it a while ago, but do you think i should get it again or an hks? no leaks now...what do you suggest? thanks!

you are going to have fitment problems so i suggest you getting a turbo xs bov...

if u what loud get the H-RFL