"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 174
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; same thing happened to me with my txs top mount and my gfb bov. I got the top mount, and ...

same thing happened to me with my txs top mount and my gfb bov. I got the top mount, and not only did the bov flange not fit on the intercooler, but the intercooler cam with some metal shavings in it. Gotta love attention to detail. Anywhoo, I ended up shaving some of the metal off the bov flange and off the intercooler so the bov would fit(with a dye grinder, a dremmel would work though). If you don't wanna do the grinding yourself, you could call turboxs and ***** till they grind it for you, or get a machine shop to do it for a few bucs.

On the note of calling turboxs... We have the same intercooler(I dunno if mine was a version 3 or not, or if there is a version 3 ) and different bov's. I'm pretty sure turbxs knows whats up with bov's not fitting on their intercoolers, unless it's just our two intercoolers. Here is an old post that I mentioned my experience in....

peace

Who's Running TXS/Hyperflow TMIC?
    Last edited by hippy78; 12-12-2003 at 08:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by hippy78
    same thing happened to me with my txs top mount and my gfb bov. I got the top mount, and not only did the bov flange not fit on the intercooler, but the intercooler cam with some metal shavings in it. Gotta love attention to detail. Anywhoo, I ended up shaving some of the metal off the bov flange and off the intercooler so the bov would fit(with a dye grinder, a dremmel would work though). If you don't wanna do the grinding yourself, you could call turboxs and ***** till they grind it for you, or get a machine shop to do it for a few bucs.

On the note of calling turboxs... We have the same intercooler(I dunno if mine was a version 3 or not, or if there is a version 3 ) and different bov's. I'm pretty sure turbxs knows whats up with bov's not fitting on their intercoolers, unless it's just our two intercoolers. Here is an old post that I mentioned my experience in....

peace

Who's Running TXS/Hyperflow TMIC?

Thanks for the reply -- im having a machine shop use my turbo xs bov flange and double up the flange for the greddy and having it welding together HOPE IT WORKS !!

yeh.... it will be interesting I'm sure since most bov's are a pretty tight fit. If I were you, I really would call turboxs and ask for a new intercooler, or maybe get the intercooler grinded down. If you get your flange welded on though, it would be good to get a gaurantee that it will fit in there right and won't it anything(like the hood). Even though I didn't take advantage of it, I'm sure turboxs has some type of defect warraty that this should fall into.

peace

I GOT IT TO WORK

i couldnt sleep so i started on my project
    ( i didnt feel like driving to the machine shop)

i took my turbo xs bov flange and the greddy flange and put them together -- i had some cutting and grinding on the flanges but it worked..

NO leaks
    im happy sounds great

thanks for all the replys

I'll post a DIY mod on this

Congrats
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Bov

I recently bought a car with a BOV installed. When I took the car for a test drive I could hear the BOV. Now no matter how hard I push the car I don't hear any sound. What could the problem be?

Re: Bov

Originally posted by reyneon
    I recently bought a car with a BOV installed. When I took the car for a test drive I could hear the BOV. Now no matter how hard I push the car I don't hear any sound. What could the problem be?

What brand is the BOV? The pluger could be jammed, or maybe the hose fell off?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Greddy S

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

Aps Fmic Bov ?

I just got in the mail today my APS FMIC BOV. I bought it used from Mili, and have a question for anyone that has one. i see where the IC hose attaches to, but where does the intake return hose connect? it looks like there's 2 screw holes for a flange, and there was something attached here before (i can see the imprint, but there's nothing else in the box). What am i missing? anyone have a link to the part? thanks
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

You take the little metal piece off your stock BOV and put it on there.

Look:

You put that piece on here:

Unhappy WORX tuning BOV..

Hello you all,

Today I got my worx tuning BOV in, and installed it. Boy,did it take a long time. I know that a BOV only takes like half an hour, but my previous BOV was the TXS type RFL. What a big difference! The guys who worked on my car for my TXS FMIC cut the "BOV Hose"- the one that connect the BOV to the turbo inlet pipe- so it was exteremly short as to make the FMIC easy to install. So I had to get another one, then I practically had to take out everything to get the damn hose in. Shoot it took forever, then when I put the hose and IC pipes in, the BOV was about an inch off. So I bolted the BOV on the IC flange, then put it in like that. Everything is secure but I a little skeptical about the silicon hose-one by the throttle body that connect IC pipe to intake manifold- because it is very short and the IC pipe isn't in all the way. So I'm going to have to buy one with more height.

As I started it up, I took it out for a run and shoooot I have a lot more LAG~!! what is that all about? It lags hard then finally around 4000rpm it starts to move. The RFL didn't do this, can a BOV make this big a difference?

It says to break it in for 1000 miles- does this mean that I drive easy or can I drive normally with a few WOT runs here and there?

and Where is the adjustment bolts (5 bolt thing) located at?

And when I do get to 1000 miles- how do I take the BOV apart to clean the pistons and such??

thanks.

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    cheers. their site makes it look like the BOV comes with the piece.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

Thanks silverSTi,

while breaking it in, I don't have to take it easy on the car right? I mean I can drive it hard or normal and it will break it by itself correct??

thanks for the info.

Cusco and Blow Off Valve Lube?

I was wondering what people have lubricated their rear sway bars with, vaseline? and what do you BOV owners lubricate your BOV internals with, vaseline perhaps? I really need to try and fix the squeaking sounds from the back of my car. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.