"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 173
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to get a blow off valve for my 04 STi, however I've heard that blow off valves on ...

Blow off valve for 04 STI

I want to get a blow off valve for my 04 STi, however I've heard that blow off valves on the STi will decrease its performance. Is this true? I had a BOV on my 02 WRX and didn't notice any decrease in performance. I heard that a BOV could mess up the spooling of the turbo because the STi recycles the extra pressure rather than releasing it all into the atmosphere. Any thoughts....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Blow off valves on 04 STi

I want to get a blow off valve for my 04 STi, however I've heard that blow off valves on the STi will decrease its performance. Is this true? I had a BOV on my 02 WRX and didn't notice any decrease in performance. I heard that a BOV could mess up the spooling of the turbo because the STi recycles the extra pressure rather than releasing it all into the atmosphere. Any thoughts....
    Race Proven...Not Inspired

The WRX also comes with a recirculating bypass valve. You shouldn't have any problems. Certain blow off valves give people problems so just research around and see which ones don't
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I had an HKS SSQV on my 02 WRX with no problems. Will this blow off valve perform just as well on the STi. If so, does the WRX bolt on application fit on the STi. From what I've seen, it looks like they bolt onto the intercooler the same way on the WRX and STi
    Race Proven...Not Inspired

Everything that you have herd has been correct . It will not make the car any faster so why do it ?
    2004 STI ----- 11.66 @ 125.66 w/ 1.9 60' ----- 537HP/487TQ ----- 93 Octane/Water Injection
    WWW.F1DYNO.COM

I heard the same thing but I went for it anywany I got the BLITZ BOV. I really couldn't tell the difference (performance wise) But it sure sounds good. I drove the car for about 2000 mile b-4 putting on the BOV and now have 6000 and really did see much difference (but I did also install a turbo back right around the same time so that could be why)

I have a GFB adjustable BOV on my STI and have noticed no performance issues. It does make the car run a little rich when you snap off the throttle, but since I drive like a sane person, I hardly ever do that.

No performance gains, no loss, just makes noise.

I run a BOV also. It does nothing for performance and I agree the car does seem to run a bit rich not sure if its because of the BOV . I may be wrong but I dont think it was designed to run with one or it probbably would have come with one or STI would have one for sale that would probbably cost $750.00 (LOL) . I does sound nice when switching gears & it grabbs some attention, But if your already driving a WRX or a STI you already have it .
    Alex

2004 Aspen White STI

The STI comes with a BPV (bypass valve) stock. The GFB unit I have is adjustable, and can be adjusted so that it works exactly like the stock unit.

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...

which BOV?

i recently installed an APS 500 FMIC, and my Forge 100%atm wasn't mixing well with it, a lot of wastegate flutter, so i put my stocker back on. it runs fine now. my ? is this, i plan on running a PE1818, around 19-20 lbs, and i know the stocker won't hold that boost very well. what BOV do you guys suggest, keeping in mind i don't mind a little pssshhh now and then.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

APS FMIC BOV without a doubt.

worx tuning BOV or HKS.
    468 wdp (wheel donkey power)

Originally posted by Mili727
    APS FMIC BOV without a doubt.
    do this. i completely agree with jon.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

bov wont fit help

hello i just bought a greddy type s bov kit for my rex but the flange is 2 big for my version 2 turbo xs TMIC

do they sell a flange for my turboxs intercooler to fit my new bov ?

help i want this damn thing in
    Last edited by 20wrx02; 12-12-2003 at 01:13 PM.

Re: bov wont fit help

Originally posted by 20wrx02
    hello i just bought a greddy type s bov kit for my rex but the flange is 2 big for my version 2 turbo xs TMIC

do they sell a flange for my turboxs intercooler to fit my new bov ?

help i want this damn thing in
    Hmmm...that's weird. Try e-miling Turbo XS and see whether or not that thing is supposed to fit in the first place...I thought they were Anywho, see what they say. If worse comes to worst, then you can get it welded on there.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.