"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 171

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Trey Cobb say a big YES to the O.E.M......... So who would know best? (Still though, I gotta admit.....I would ...

Trey Cobb say a big YES to the O.E.M.........

So who would know best?

(Still though, I gotta admit.....I would like to hear it a teeny bit more )

Shotgun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

open up your whoel system and you 'll hear it just fine, I got TXS pod filter MRT inlet and upipe back and i can even hear it over my loud ass BPM exhaust
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Sport Compact Car Magazine did a big BOV/BPV test during the summer. Conclusion: DSM (and WRX since it's the same design) BPV works best for stock boost levels.

BOV yes or no - please comment

I am thinking of Installing a BOV (HKS) in my wife's car. Mostly for the sound. After reading several postings, i am getting confused. If you had one installed in your car and you removed it, what was the reason that made you go back to the stock. If you currently have one installed, I wouldlove to hear your comments....

After kit that was suggested to me was by a company called TurboSmart...has anyone heard of them?

Can I expect an improvement in engine response?

Thank you
    Last edited by veteq; 11-28-2003 at 10:27 AM.

alot of people tend to remove it after awhile because the BOV sound gets to them over time.. at first its cool but then hear it over and over for a year or so.. ull want to change..
    but if you like the sound.. dont worry about gettin annoyed or whatever and get it..cause its an easy install/uninstall
    *04' Black Pearl WRX Sedan*

**RISEN ONCE AGAIN**

i had one and yes it did get annoying plus i dont like the attention it ads to my car (its already loud enough). I realized the factory BOV is good for like 18 psi, so when i upgrade my turbo, i will get an after market 100% recirc.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you're going to get one purely for the sound, get a used one like I did. A BOV will NOT help your performance, and may potentially hurt it if it's not recirculating like the stock BOV. The reason is because you'll run rich between shifts with the lack of air going into the intake system (that's dumped with the reciruclation of the stock BOV). There are aftermarket recirculating BOVs out there, but they're not very loud, so there's no point in getting them if you just want the sound.

To me, there's just nothing like rolling next to some guy that thinks he's badass with a gawdy looking car and just letting off the throttle as you pull up next to his rolled down window....PSSSSSH...WHAT NOW???
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    To me, there's just nothing like rolling next to some guy that thinks he's badass with a gawdy looking car and just letting off the throttle as you pull up next to his rolled down window....PSSSSSH...WHAT NOW???
    Ricer
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

Originally posted by Verdugo

i love to do that with my RFL, im SUCH A RICER
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

What does your wife think?

A local WRX has a TurboSmart Supersonic which doesn't sound bad at all. No problems AFAIK.

Chances are most WRX owners will upgrade their turbo, at which point an aftermarket BOV will likely be required. So there's really no hurry in getting one while running the stock turbo.
    2003 WRX SOLD
    2003 JDM Evo

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Raslian
    Ricer
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you like the BOV sound ,go for it,but check with the old lady first,ha,ha.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I put a turboxs BOV on my car, and took it off after one week. The sound got old awfully quickly, and I had all the problems others have brought up. Throttle response was bad, stumbled a bit at low engine speeds, wouldn't start a few times. It did get better after reseting the ECU and doing the quick learn, but it still didn't run as well as stock.

i have a hks blov sittin in my garage make ke an offer and i might sell it had it on for about a 1000 miles then plans for the car changed so its for sale.

its time to go stealth
    02 wrx stage 2

I have an HKS and I like it a lot. I'm not sick of it at all. In fact, I took it off once for warranty work (just in case ) and I felt like my car was lacking. I never felt any adverse effects on performance.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!