"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 168
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Umm, I wasn't joking or anything... You honestly just exploded some unburnt fuel. It's no big deal at all... This ...

Umm, I wasn't joking or anything... You honestly just exploded some unburnt fuel. It's no big deal at all... This is very common, my car does this every time I run it up to like 7000 and let off fast. If you have an Atmospheric venting BOV it will amplify it even more, as the car runs rich for taht split second. If your car drives fine, runs fine and has all it's fulids retained this is what happened. Try to replicate it like this:

Put it in second and cruise around 3.5k rpms for like 20 sec. Then hit it WOT and take it all the way to 7200, then shift quickly to third. Should go BOOOM! Do this at night, and watch your rearview as you shift. You should see a small fire-ball exiting your exhaust. Oh the joys of turbos!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dont know what happend on the B.O.V part...........

But I know DAM well you didnt hit the hood!!................

Unless of course you now have a new "Clearance" spot for the B.O.V......

Shotgun

Hello,
    I have a '01 WRX (catless up-pipe, downpipe with a racing catalyst and a catless midpipe, all by Prodrive)
    I'm thinking of removing the resonator from the rear exhaust pipe by replacing it with a straightpipe (from Scoobysport). What do you think? Any gains in BHP?

Thanks
    www.tfrc.gr

I would tend to think that since you are already catless (catless uppipe, hi flow downpipe w/cat, and catless mid-pipe), you won't gain much power by removing the resonator.

You WILL notice a louder highway/freeway sound (bassy droning) if you remove the resonator. I would suggest that you leave things as is and spend your money on a reflash or EcuTek of some sort for your 2001 WRX.

Hope this helps!

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

I agree with tubbytreats.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

Question about a Typhoon BOV and getting a flange..

I have someone thats trying to sell me a Typhoon BOV, ive never heard of it, but he says its a skyline bov from japan and sounds great. Its just the bov, so is there any way i could get a flange to hook it up? Also, how can i tell if itll fit under the hood with the stock intercooler? And lastly, has anyone heard of this brand or heard this bov? Thanks!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

havent heard of it, sorry.

mi gettin a Worx though, once i find a way to justify spending $250 on a noise maker
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

Matt, what is the purpose of having 2 bungs in the uppipe? Thanks.

Sorry, I have not heard of it and for that reason I think I would personally stay away from it.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

resinstalling stock BOV, need some quick help

I'm putting my stock BOV back on just for a few days, (I used to have a GFB) I found my stock BOV and the two bolts, however there is an o-ring with it to. I don't know whether or not it is supposed to be installed with the stock BOV. See pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oring.jpg  
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

does the o-ring go in there like this: It doesn't seem like it fits very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oring inside bov.jpg  
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

im taking off the GFB right now, hopefully I'll have an answer b4 I'm done

I Support ClubWRX
    I assume you are running the GFB 50/50 BOV. Take off the return piece off of the GFB, since you will have to re-install it onto the stock bov. There is an inner lip that goes into the stock bov. Put the o-ring over the inner lip of the return piece, and then put the return piece into the stock bov. There is only one way the return piece will go in, since there is a notch in the stock bov.

Good luck.

ROTFLMAO ... the directions to my house are right there!? So I assume that you're coming!?
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Actualy man, i can't make it up sunday. I have to work

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.