"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 166
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by Mili727 My friend has the HKS I got sick of it within 2 "squeeks" of it. A ...

Originally posted by Mili727
    My friend has the HKS I got sick of it within 2 "squeeks" of it.
    A guy at my school had one on his wrx and it bothered me just from him sitting and revving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah the HKS is too sharp sounding.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE:

So last week I was able to borrow a friends stock bov (thanks killaho) to do some testing. With the borrowed stock bov, I was able to build up boost slightly quicker, and was also able to hear the audible woosh of pressure released back into the intake circuit, via my velocity stack coming out of my stock air intake box.

I did come to the conclusion that MY stock bov has a lazy spring now (I probably wore out the spring with too much boost), and leaks air into the intake tract under pressure. Also, after shifting, my stock bov doesn't even give any sound out of the intake tract.

So I looked around, and purchased the Forge recirculating BOV. I was in a hurried state of confusion, and ordered it without doing any research on it, which is really not like me. I assumed it was a 50/50 bov, but it turns out it is a 100% recirculating bov. Yes I know, it is the same configuration as the stock bov, but my opinions are down at the bottom of the page to explain my choice, which I am pretty happy with. I installed it yesterday, and I have a few opinions on it.

The Forge recirculating BOV holds pressure a lot better than either stock bov I have tried. From idle to WOT, the car doesn't bog at all like it seemed to before. It also seems as though the motor is much more responsive at different rpm's. For example, I tried going WOT from idle, 2000rpms, 3500rpms, etc, and there was little or no hesitation. And this bov also gives a little more of a woosh out of the intake tract, which is kinda nice. But I have to turn off the radio to hear it. I like hearing the release of the air when I want to hear it, not when it is overbearing and annoyingly out there after every shift. And it also gives a little bling to my Hyperflow TMIC as well.

Thanks guys for your input on this topic. I really appreciate your posts and comments.

Kurlee,

Good to hear that you have solved your problem and that everything is working out now.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

yeah now lets get up to infeneon and see what you can do.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

APS TMIC Blow Off Valve

I'm curious about this BOV and have a couple questions..

On APS's site it says..

"The large primary vent is designed to plumb back to the standard entry point which ensures the best driveability during cruise conditions and cures the problems seen with after market external single venting blow off valves."

I know BOV's that recirculate cause little to no problems with Sti's, but you dont get that great sound . Is that all APS is saying here? It recircs therefore negates a lot of the problems BOV's the vent the the atmosphere cause?

If anyone has this BOV please chime in!

Thanks!

Anyone?

Removed BOV today

After about 1200 miles, I removed my Blitz DD BOV today to see if it had any effect (good or bad) on performance. The idle quality and driveability is much better with the factory BOV reinstalled. I won't be putting the Blitz back on. It anyone is interested in giving it a new home, make an offer. I will ship it.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

I have the APS FMIC BOV, car runs A LOT better than when I had the TXS RFL BOV. Car is really smooth. I reccomend APS products.

Im using the APS BOV too, absolutly no problems, the only difference in driving is the sound, and yes, it still is plenty loud, I acctually wouldnt want it any louder, they seem a bit pricey though, guess I was lucky, got it off Ebay for $100 as soon as the guy posted it
    Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net

Right on, sounds good guys. Thanks!

I ran the APS Dual Vent since I put a boost controller on my WRX. It is hands down the nicest WRX BOV.

-Jim

Graham Goode BOV install/vacuum hose loca.?

Installing the BOV but don't know where to connect the 3ft vacuum hose to. It goes on the BOV but won't fit over the T connector. There were no instructions and I can't see trimming the excess 2 ft of hose off. Is this where it goes? Back on the T splitter, or somewhere else? Anybody have an idea?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf0030.jpg  

Got it. Had to stretch the hole in tube w/ a phillips screwdriver.

Same with my RFL. I do need a new BOV though, one that works. The stock one is on again but it is not performing up to par. The FMIC stopped the boost creep but the stock BOV is surging the turbo, Not smooth any more when you get off throttle and back on again.
    Mods: Turbo XS-RFL-TI Turbo back with Race pipe, RFL-BOV, APS DR500 Front Mount Intercooler, Blitz SUS Short Ram, Greddy E-01 & E-manage, Defi 3 Pod w/Defi gauges, Wide band O2 unit, Greddy Oil catch can, G-TEC, Grounding kit, Optima 51R Yellow top battery, Tein Springs, F&R Strut tower bars with rear V-brace, Clear headlights mod, WRB with Go Fast Cobra Racing Stripes w/matching white rims.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.