"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 165
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hahahahaha poor Fahd....... he's never gonna live this down....

hahahahaha poor Fahd....... he's never gonna live this down.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pop off the stock, put the flange thing on there. (the 2 bolts you see on the sides) then the bov secures on to the flange via a few small bolt type things that go around the base of it. (you use an Alan key to secure them, so I dont know the exact correct word) Then plug up the hose back to the intake with the black plug that is supplied in the adapter kit. Put the hose on top of the bov and secure, done.

Oh and you probably want to lube up the piston with some WD40 to prevent it sticking open or closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    via a few small bolt type things that go around the base of it. (you use an Alan key to secure them, so I dont know the exact correct word)
    They are just called Allen bolts so you were close . Cool, im glad its not one of the weld on adapters like the blitz
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

and theres PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY on private for sale if your looking to save a few bucks.

Peter North > *

i think im just gonna buy it brand new. Id rather just pay the couple of extra buck and not deal with any BS.

OT- Eli- i just realized its like 2 am where you are because its 10:45 here. Thats late.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    i think im just gonna buy it brand new. Id rather just pay the couple of extra buck and not deal with any BS.

OT- Eli- i just realized its like 2 am where you are because its 10:45 here. Thats late.

im tired, im about to head to sleep, but this past week i havent gotten to sleep till after 3 and woke up at 8 for class or earlier for work. Just not a good week, couldnt sleep well. But I got work in the morning, so ill have to go pass out now, yay. later all. Anythin else ya need on the rfl just lemme know corey.

Peter North > *

will do thanks bro.

P.s. This is the second of my own threads ive viscously jacked in the last half hour. Thats a record.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

bumpity bump for any one else who's got one......
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    i don't have one, but i've heard them and they are LOUD. like a whip crack X 100. of course, you run the risk of running rich, same as any BOV though. i have the Forge 100% atm and i like it alot. loud, but not crazy loud.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

im looking for a BOV that wont blow off under normal conditions (shifting below 3k) thats why the TXS type h rfl is good- i dont care how loud it is when im on it. How much did you pay for your forge and from where?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    my forge only blows off if im in boost, regardless of RPM. i got my forge from ebay (or was it personal for sale?) for $125 shipped, used. i love it.
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

pics?
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

To be honest with you, I've had the forge and the HKS... and the HKS has remained on...

I took off the forge after 2 weeks. it got annoying, REAL quick. It leaked boost (yes you can fix that with different springs, but that still didn't work for me)... and it just wasn't as good of a sound as the HKS.

The HKS doesn't leak, and it sounds awesome
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    To be honest with you, I've had the forge and the HKS... and the HKS has remained on...

I took off the forge after 2 weeks. it got annoying, REAL quick. It leaked boost (yes you can fix that with different springs, but that still didn't work for me)... and it just wasn't as good of a sound as the HKS.

The HKS doesn't leak, and it sounds awesome
    My friend has the HKS I got sick of it within 2 "squeeks" of it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.