"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 159

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i think i can actually adjust for the richness with my utec, o well, i agree with u, i dont ...

i think i can actually adjust for the richness with my utec, o well, i agree with u, i dont htink it will ruin my uppipe cat, but then y do people's turbos blow with an mbc? egts too high? will my utec help keep the egts low?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ebrot has one i think
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

Originally posted by BoostedBoxer
    ebrot has one i think

correct somewhat, i have the type H rfl. an option for you would be to gut the OEM uppipe if you need something cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    correct somewhat, i have the type H rfl. an option for you would be to gut the OEM uppipe if you need something cheap.
    Yeah, just take out the uppipe, and ACCIDENTALLY drive a jack handle or something thru it to break out internals.....just make SURE you get EVERYTHING out...
    " Moorepower Motorsports - Subaru Maintenance and Mods "

Subaru UN-authorized repair center

"Warrantees voided while you wait"

Project 1: the beginning

Project 1: SOLD

PROJECT 2: Fun begins again

as much as i really want to do this, i cant because my dealer said if they install the pipe, they wouldnt give me any problems with warranty later on, if something goes wrong wiht my car or whatever, so i think im gonna get the sti uppipe eventually.

Thank you God. Very good post...

I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

yeh, but arent 50/50 valves less expensive then 100% atmospheric ones? i totally agree with you on the fact that they dont function quite as they claim, but ask anyone whos had a 50/50, or whos had both...a 50/50 is quieter. so im sure theres some air getting recirculated. some is better then none as far as im concerned. i guess they really are useless on a stock turbo, but they're just cool to have. a lot of people who buy subarus buy them because there not a common car. granted the dynamics of the car (awd, turbo, price) out-weigh that, but the fact still stands that we dont fit in with the honda croud, and all the other common tuners. with that comes attention. if your going to get attention anyway, why not do it with a bang, or a pssssft, or anything else. we stand out no matter what. and no matter what anybody says, when they see a turbo car go by and pssssft as it shifts, i dont care who you are, about 90% of tuners will think thats cool s*** even if they know its sort of a waste. my .02
    03, wrx, aspen white, K&N drop in filter, for now waitin for warranty to go bye bye.

Spend that $$$ on a uppipe, or downpipe, or inter-cooler hoses. More HP less Pssst...

I just bought a STi!!!

Love it!!!

" I never recommend 50/50 valves since they do not function as they claim. The air will always go to the path of least resistance which is the atmosphere so in essence they aren't really 50/50 despite the manufacturer claim."

This is NOT true(no offence god). Have you ever examined a gfb 50/50 hybrid bov? If you have, you would notice that the recirc opening is closer to the intercooler then the atmospheric opening. This means that on small amounts of blow off, it might only use the recirc. Also, since the turbo is spinning between gears, there is a vacume in the recirc hose, and that makes it the path of least resistence(I could be wrong though)... I am not saying that a 100% atmospheric bov isn't good for a wrx(and am no expert so I wouldn't), but I know how my bov works, and it does a pretty good job. Maybe since you never put 50/50 bov's on cars, you really don't know if they work the way they claim....... Whatever.

peace

like it really matters one way or another. Seems like there are TONS of different mods that you should do before looking at a BOV. All show and no go In my humble oppinion.

God
    I know the GFB screws on the top tend to fall out and cause a boost leak. I Have not tested the GFB at higher HP levels but have ran into my fair share of leaking BOV's. GFB lost a good 2 PSI with one of those bolts missing by the way.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

"I know the GFB screws on the top tend to fall out and cause a boost leak"

What does that mean? The ones with the adjustable sound leak boost? Or the screws fall out of the gfb bov's and then they leak boost? Either way, I wouldn't know cause I have a gfb and no screws have fallen out, and it isn't the adjustable sound one... whatever though...

those of you with a TXS TMIC, what BOV do you use? im having problems..

here is the deal. I have a brand new TXS V2 TMIC. I have a GFB Bov. at first i got some weird sounds. Now with the stock TMIC i never had a leak or anything like that. Im trying to determine whether it is the gasket or the bov itself not being flush with the aftermarket tmic. I tightened the bolts and the sound went away but it sounds like i might get a slight leak at about 3-4psi. how would this effect performance? it seems to pull like crazy and has no problem making boost etc. maybe its just how it sounds with an upgraded tmic? its a very quiet air sound. what would you suggest? its set to 50/50. i dont want to go back to stock + my stocker is broken from tightening. any solutions you can suggest?

thanks for your time

Worx Tuning BOV flutter...

i put on the worx bov yesterday, and when i boost less than 1.0 bar, once i release the throttle, it makes a fluttering noise. i have a blitz sus, and with the stock bpv, it would just "woosh" even without full boost. i tried a couple different spring settings, but they all have the same flutter. anyone else with this bov have the same problem? im wondering if i just have to let it break in properly or if it needs more lube...
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

sounds like compressor surge.

the thread below may be helpful.
    What's the "bird chirp" noise?
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.