"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 154
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; sooo is the stock sti blow off valve recerculating? Is there any reason I should change this valve unless I ...

sooo is the stock sti blow off valve recerculating? Is there any reason I should change this valve unless I get a boost controler or a larger turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are below 20psi there is no need to change it out. Even if you go above 20, into the 20-25psi range you can always crush the top cap, DSM style, and still be good.
    I created my avatar.

Well, if you have the money to be pushing 20+ psi, you might as well do it right and run a GReddy TypeS, which is recirculating.
    ~Justin Chou

http://www.topless-racing.com
    Car talk from car guys to car lovers.

TwinCam Motorsports
    Serving the East Bay with all your aftermarket needs.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for rightousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6

Almost any aftermarket blow off valve is able to be recirculated. On that note, almost all stock blow off valves are already recirculated (not sure about Subbies).

HKS bov or Turbo xs bov???

HKS or Turbo xs???help!@@
    GodSPeed

Turbo XS RFL.

Originally posted by Mili727
    Turbo XS RFL.

^^^ i agree...

HKS SSQ is too high pitched for the low pitch of the engine imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Have you heard both of them? I like both. I absolutely love my HKS and I don't think I'd traded for anything else. Have you seen the Best BOV Poll thread? There are some sound clips of both. Why don't you check them out and see which one you prefer
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I bought my 2002 Subaru Wrx last year brand new and still have a warranty on it and i was looking at a Scooby sport exhaust system and first off Im asking how much performance does the car gain by installing this system and would this by chance void my warranty? I appreciate any help from anyone who had this system installed or knows someone who has thx

I got a 2002 WRX Sedan as well. I just ordered the ScoobySport Stage 1+ setup (Uppipe, Downpipe, and Muffler) This setup will give you around 260HP at the crank, or around 200 at the wheels.

I'm also getting the Cobb Tuning (http://www.cobbtuning.com) Stage 2 ECU reflash which should yield me another 25 HP at the crank with 93 Octane pump gas.

I got my ScoobySport stuff at http://www.RallyPerformance.com and was very pleased with their service.

2002 WRX Mods:
    AP Stage2/93, ScoobySport Up, Dp, & Muffler, SS AutoChrome TMIC, Hawker PC680T Battery, Injen CAI, ACT Stage2 Clutch, Gruppe-S 13.8lb Flywheel, Mobil1 and Redline oil, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Goodridge SS Lines, Motul RBF600, Hawk HPS pads, 35% 3M tint, Koji Headlight Mod, SilverStar Bulbs, Blaupunkt MP3000 headunit, Infinity BassLink Sub, Kenwood KFC-1689ie speakers (6.5"F / 5.25"R), Rota Downshift (Black), Yokohama AVS ES100 (225/45/17)

Emissions

Does anyone know how removing the pre-turbo and post-turbo cats affects the emissions. I had a 3rd gen RX-7 turbo a few years back, and it had an aftermarket downpipe that eliminated the extra cat. I could no longer pass the emissions test here in MD. It was a pain in the ass, and I eventually had to apply for a waiver. I'd still like to get something like the up and downpipes for the WRX, but I don't feel like dealing with the emissions crap again.

What BOV is on the world one WRX (in RFL Ti video...)

I was watching the video of the worldone WRX, the advertisement for the TXS RFL Ti muffler and exhaust system (by the way thats what made me choose that exhaust ) But anyway they show the car drive by and show inside the car and stuff and i can hear the BOV, but dont know which one it is....if anyone knows, let me know please! thanks!

The file name was rfltilarge.mp4 if i remember right, i cant find it...

thanks
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

Oh thats Ivans car he has a HKS BOV.

No its definetly not the HKS bov...you should d/l the video, its like forge or blitz or something.......maybe even the TXS type H i dont know......but i have heard the HKS SSq and its not that... thanks anyway!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

Originally posted by jfandem
    No its definetly not the HKS bov...you should d/l the video, its like forge or blitz or something.......maybe even the TXS type H i dont know......but i have heard the HKS SSq and its not that... thanks anyway!
    http://www.worldoneperformance.com/home/featured.htm

There you go, now read under engine ______ BOV?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.