"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 149
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2001 eh, Will that work with an 03? And also, what kinda noise does it make, one of my college ...

2001 eh, Will that work with an 03? And also, what kinda noise does it make, one of my college buddies has one that kinda squeaks.. I dunno if that's just the valve he has? or if it's ****ed up.. I'm lookin for a deep kinda whisper noise so, any feedback on the quality of the sound and price would be grand. Thanks again!
    ~SaNChEz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That link that Black posted has sound clips of most of the BOVs, and dump valves. And I am pretty sure that is the same dump valve that Rally Performance sells...and that it will work on a 2002-2003
    Stock or something close to it.....

zipity here, zipity there, i'm zipity everywhere...
    2000 miles with my forge, and no probs yet. great sound too
    i'm bombin' uppercut swipes
    as my knuckles ignite
    more strikes
    than a teachin' staff's
    fights for pay hikes

HKS!!!

I love my BOV. Here's a vid clip that I've posted elsewhere. It'll give you an idea of how it sounds. Check it out!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

no problem with my turboxs RFL it is just REALLY FNG LOUD
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    sort of off topic but here goes...

all of you gfb owners: when your bov is set at 50/50 is it louder than the stock valve with the silencer removed?
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

The squeaky one that your college buddy has is probably the HKS SSQ bov, its what most other turbo cars use, like supras/eclipse/etc....i only like the way it sounds from the outside SOMETIMES, and in the inside, it sounds kinda dumb to me, like a bird chirp or something.....get the TXS RFL or the GFB adjustable....good luck!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

yeah its definately louder than the stocker with the silencer hack...although the volume changes under different driving conditions...its not always the same volume, and sometimes you don't hear it at all. in certain cases the motor sucks air while the bov is open and the negative intake pressure sucks ALL the air out of the open BOV so there's no noise. this is actually a GOOD thing since the motor always get all the air it needs and the 50/5 set-up only blows off extra pressure when its not needed. after a while you learn to "play" the BOV. you can learn how to make it make noise and how to keep it quiet. at WOT, however, it makes noise, and there's nothing you can do about it.

the sound is different than in that video clip. it doesn't have that whistling sound and its quicker...sounds more like valvestem on a tire.
    Last edited by blarg; 08-27-2003 at 08:44 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Yeah, actually he does have the HKS SSQV he took me for a spin today and it was sick, it only squeaks in 1st gear, but other than that, it's amazing, Im debating between the HKS and the Forge.. My WRX only has 1100 miles on it, so anything will do me fine.
    ~SaNChEz

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    thanks for the info blarg...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Hks Bov???

I have the HKS BOV for my 02 WRX and I set it at the loudest... Would that hurt my car in the long run? Also, am I losing power???

bambams247

What is the best BOV for the WRX

What is the best BOV for the WRX? What are the real differences. I want one that makes a very nice noise and I do want it to be pretty loud. I also want it to do its job. Any input and PICTURES PLEASE would help! Thanks!

This is subjective, but I'll say the HKS since I have it Check out the "The best BOV poll" thread. It's a sticky at the top of the performance forum.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Yea thats why it won't idle. I read somewhere that the stock bov bleeds air back into the system for some reason. I was bored one day and tried this and it did the some thing. Aftermarket bovs shouldn't do this so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

A lot of people like the forge bov, hks is pretty popular, and the blitz one looks pretty nice too. I would have ot say, the stock one is probably the most used

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.