"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 148

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here's a pic of the valve...let me know if you need anything closer....

Here's a pic of the valve...let me know if you need anything closer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prd_0023a.jpg  
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've read on more than one occasion that they are nearly (if not) identical.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Great, looks very very close. When I get my WRX I'll be sure to do an up-close comparison. Why do people get a different BOV for their car if the stock one can hold up to 20psi? My current 1g BOV sounds mean and its even recirculating. Oh well.
    95' Tsi AWD
    95' 3000GT SL (r.i.p. 10-9-02)

I loved the stock BOV, but I had to get rid of it when I got my Greddy Front Mount, because it would no longer fit.

Also, most ppl just get aftermarket ones because the stocker is pretty damn quiet, even if you have removed the silencer and have an intake.

WRX and 1G BOV"s are identical though, so I'm sure the crush trick would work for us too....

Originally posted by Twice
    Great, looks very very close. When I get my WRX I'll be sure to do an up-close comparison. Why do people get a different BOV for their car if the stock one can hold up to 20psi? My current 1g BOV sounds mean and its even recirculating. Oh well.
    because they want a louder pssshhht!

i never understood the craze, but i heard the forge recently, and it does sound pretty awesome...

dR

Lookin to buy a BOV for my '03

Lookin to buy a BOV for my 03 WRX sedan, Any suggestions or comments on the performance and price of the ones you use would be much appreciated. Thanks
    ~SaNChEz

The DSM must vent closer to the outside world, so it is louder. I cannot hear mine at all with the stock air box on and the 18g at 20psi.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Re: Lookin to buy a BOV for my '03

Originally posted by SaNChEz
    Lookin to buy a BOV for my 03 WRX sedan, Any suggestions or comments on the performance and price of the ones you use would be much appreciated. Thanks
    here is a link to FORGE MOTORSPORT that is the one i have, it works good and have not had a thing go rong with it but there is no point in geting a BOV thay do not do a thing for performancs there just for sound.

i have the gfb and i like it because i can switch from 100%atmosphere (loudest) to 50%atmos. /50% recirc. It was like 175 i think. No problems with it EVER.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

I have the GFB as well. the older one that's not adjustable...just gives you 50/50 or 100%. 50K miles in 50/50 mode with absoluely zero problems of any kind...no drivability problems, no motor stutter, no lean problems, and no change in milage. although 50K miles later I STILL think it reduces lag in the shifts a bit.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Actually to be honest the thing that made mine sound so loud was the edition of hard intercooler pipes instead of the ruber ones. I know that the WRX BOV is on the intercooler which if it was on a straight piece of piping it might make more noise in that type of configuration. Who knows, maybe someone with a FMIC has a stock BOV and would care to tell us if it's louder with the straight piping over the intercooler.
    95' Tsi AWD
    95' 3000GT SL (r.i.p. 10-9-02)

about BOV

where does the hose that connects to the BOV go to on the intake?

Black, Which model are you using? There's about 10 there, and I dunno which to look into. By the way guys, thanks for the help. And also this is just the first mod that I am doing, the rest are to come soon
    ~SaNChEz

Diameter?

Can someone tell me the diameter in mm of the rear exhaust pipe and axle back? I see from the first diagram I need one gasket (i'm taking my Greddy EVO off and going back stock) but don't know what size gasket to get. Help?

Originally posted by SaNChEz
    Black, Which model are you using? There's about 10 there, and I dunno which to look into. By the way guys, thanks for the help. And also this is just the first mod that I am doing, the rest are to come soon

FMDVSUB01
    Subaru Impreza 2001 Atmo Ram Dump Valve