"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 147
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by I H8 V8's I have a BOV that is 100% and I like the sounds good but ...

Re: Recirculating BOV

Originally posted by I H8 V8's
    I have a BOV that is 100% and I like the sounds good but it does not make the car run right. I want to keep the sound but also recirculate the air. Does anyone have any reccomendations. It does not need to be obnoxiously loud but I definitely want something that is audible.
    there are a few co. that make a 50/50 bov. i think GFB or GFP ...something similar to that......is the name of a co. that makes a bov that you can change the amount of air that it vents to the atmosphere. just do a BOV search and im sure you will find many choices of BOV.'s....

mike
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

God
    The Greddy recirculates but I suspect it's pretty quiet.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

http://www.fizzautosports.com/roberto%20bov.wav its not a very good clip but its the only one really. here is the thread if you want to read it too http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ard+sound+clip

Originally posted by polishmafia4u
    http://www.fizzautosports.com/roberto%20bov.wav its not a very good clip but its the only one really. here is the thread if you want to read it too http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ard+sound+clip
    Yeah sounds like the guy was in idle...can't really hear it that well. Tanks for the post anyways
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Anybody have the Type S for there WRX. It sound really good on an eclipse. Just wondering if it would sound the same on a WRX.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    go fast bits
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Get a Forge.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I have the GFB Hybrid made for the WRX. Bolts right on, recirculates, good BOV sound.
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Originally posted by Blue2004WRX
    I have the GFB Hybrid made for the WRX. Bolts right on, recirculates, good BOV sound.
    Yep, thats what I've got.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

gfb for almost 50k miles now....no problems. sounds good, but not TOO loud.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Blarg-

Do you have any other mods? The BOV was my first mod, and ever since I put in my DP my BOV has gotten QUIETER. Just wondering if that was normal...

-Blue
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

i'll probably bet getting an uppipe in the next week or so. the only other mod I have is a custom dual ram air intake I made myself. Basically it keeps the original air scoop but ADDS another air path to the lower fender vent instead of the resonator.

just an idea, but maybe its because you have more power now, you're not hitting the gas as hard as you used to, and the 50/50 vaves tend to be quieter at lower pressures.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

DSM bov adapter?

Does anyone make a DSM bov adapter that will fit the rex. If you don't already know, the 1g DSM bov is probably the best stock bov every made, it can hold up to 20psi with no modification, and over 20 with a simple DIY modification. The reason I ask is that I have on on my Talon and it sounds awesome and it cost me about 15 bucks from a junkyard. So $15 for the bov + $?? for the adapter = WAY less than some of the aftermarket bovs out there.

Just a thought
    95' Tsi AWD
    95' 3000GT SL (r.i.p. 10-9-02)

I've heard the stock wrx bypass valve is the same one used on the DSM. Try crushing the top and see if it holds over 20psi.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

Dang, that would be awesome. Will someone post a picture of the BOV in high res or close up and I'll tell you for sure if its the same or not. Lucky the WRX didn't get a plastic pos BOV like the 2nd generation DSM and 3S. It sucked so bad because it leaked past 12psi which is nothing on a 4G63.
    95' Tsi AWD
    95' 3000GT SL (r.i.p. 10-9-02)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.