"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 789 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Heh...oh I would love an EBC....now the question is can I afford it? Suggest to me the cheapest most effective ...

$$$

Heh...oh I would love an EBC....now the question is can I afford it? Suggest to me the cheapest most effective EBC and I would definitely consider it.

Anyone check out the TurboXS Dual Stage MBC? Kinda like BristolBoost's system I think....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

AbleKnight

A good one is around 500 or so, God sells them, check his site.

Blitz SBC-ID is cool
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

awww, my post is gone. and i erased my avatar =( people complained

anyways, about bovs. what ist he problem people found w/ performance and gas mileage? i have the blitz which is a full atmospheric bov.

how does the aps bov sound? i like the sound of the hks cuz it has that squeak sound.
    free food is the best food

ebc vs. mbc

yeah, i know that an ebc is definitely the way to go, and as someone suggested, it's a matter of cost. i guess from what i hear you should just keep saving, and even though it may take longer to get one, get the ebc. i was looking for the cheaper route, but i may save up and hold out for the ebc. i don't plan on going very far with mods, which is why i was leaning toward the cheaper mbc route. just my thoughts.

sg

There is another reason that I chose a MBC over EBC...Subaru Warranty. Before I got the car I decided to go with an EBC, but then the reality of the warranty came to mind when buying the car and I figured the MBC can be removed in like 1 minute. The EBC on the other hand is a little harder to remove, and will still show visible scars on the wiring from splicing.

But I do agree, an EBC is safer for the car and a little cooler with in-car adjustability. Maybe down the road when I NEED one, or the warranty period is close to being over.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

The one EBC that will leave no scar and remove in munites might be
    the TurboXS unichip with the peggyback plug but it is expensive.
    The stage 0 kit sounds really good.

For now I am using the MBC with my solenoid switching system
    until I go with stage 0. Money is always a concern.

God
    Originally posted by jmussetter
    There is another reason that I chose a MBC over EBC...Subaru Warranty. Before I got the car I decided to go with an EBC, but then the reality of the warranty came to mind when buying the car and I figured the MBC can be removed in like 1 minute. The EBC on the other hand is a little harder to remove, and will still show visible scars on the wiring from splicing.

But I do agree, an EBC is safer for the car and a little cooler with in-car adjustability. Maybe down the road when I NEED one, or the warranty period is close to being over.
    Actually I can remove my EBC in about 10 minutes. There's no wiring splicing and just 2 hoses to move. That's it.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

God, r u using the SBC-ID ?

God
    Yep.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

If I had the money would it be better to get MBC to TXS chip.
    wrxfx Intake
    K&N Filter
    OZ 17" Superleggera
    Dunlop 215/45 W-10
    Brullen Cat-Back

ya i would also like to know what problems people are have w/ bov at idle and so on....
    wrxfx Intake
    K&N Filter
    OZ 17" Superleggera
    Dunlop 215/45 W-10
    Brullen Cat-Back

If money is not a problem, any one of the stage kits or a custom
    Godspeed setup are prefered over diy setup.

Godspeed setup package multi level tune.
    TurboXS stage 0, 1 etc
    Vishnu stage 1, 2 etc
    Cobb setup.

All are great if you got the cash and close enough to the installer to
    get a good install and dyno tune sessions

Of course the ultimate Prodrive UK tune

Blow off valve

Any bad side effect of running a blow off valve with a WRX???

if i have catless up and down p's with MBC why do i need an EGT gauge?

why is everyone so concerned about high EGT's when using a MBC? am i right in assuming that if youre using a MBC and the up and down cats are removed then there really shouldnt be anything to worry about?

i would like someone to tell me exactly what kind of damage can be done with the stock exhaust setup, MBC and no EGT gauge... and then, what kind of damage can be done with a system with the first two cats removed and a MBC

also, does anyone know what the EGT's range is in the stock car with no mods?

todd
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

Thumbs up $130 good for a GFB BOV?

i think so, being that retail the BOV is around 220 or so. Anyways, found an i-clubber in need of some cash and parting with his mint BOV (never installed it although it was used for 2 months on another wrx).

thoughts anyone?

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.