"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 128

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The last thing I need is a loud exhaust - in my opinion it cheapens the car and makes it ...

The last thing I need is a loud exhaust - in my opinion it cheapens the car and makes it very rice! =P

What is the most quiet exhaust for the WRX on the market?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    You canjust get a TurboXS stealthback that retains the stock muffler. That will be the quietest.

Calvin

Okay.. for starters, an MBC is NOT going to harm your car in any way, shape or form unless you go overboard with it... as for tweaking constantly.. it isnt true unless you go from sea level to 5000+ feet.. and even then i havent ever had to tweak it.... they are easy to tune and give a mad nice increase...

Secondly, a loud exhaust on the WRX does not sound or even resemble anything close to 'rice'... a whole lot more deeper and throatier than any 'rice rocket' thanks to the boxer engine.. but for what you're looking for, Id go with a TXS turbo back... a little louder than stock, but nothing 'obnoxious' or 'cheap' about it and it will give you the kick and sound you are looking for.

P.S. Talk to Garrett at World One.. He'll hook you up.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

It could very well be compressor surge, the delay of the BOV venting doesn't sound to good, when you left off the throttle it should vent immediatley.
    Ryan

does your BOV have a place for the recirc hose to hook up to? i have the type-h and i had to plug the recirc hose because otherwise it would act up (bryan/wrinkleboi just gave me a sink drain plug and it works perfectly)
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

That thing is gargantuan! Which BOV did you have before that was leaking?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I got the megaflow rear, I would not want it louder.
    It does seem to add power, how much I have no Idea.
    As far as pics go, it's stock silver/silver... so it looks like any other sti. My company logo is on the car but it's in a slightly different shade of silver and would not show up too well in photos. It's subtle, I don't want to be in the business of installing this stuff for other people. I do whole cars.

God
    What spring fo you have in your 1820? Use at least 14 lb and 19 lb if possible.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

that BOV sounds awsome and is very stong, good choice

Originally posted by WRXin'
    That thing is gargantuan! Which BOV did you have before that was leaking?
    I had the turboxs rfl

Dan, as far as the spring, im not sure which one it has, but whatever it came with...we spoke and you said you had the 19 lb springs on backorder, so i guess i have to wait for those..
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

i am sorry if you think that a wrx sounds like rice when it is loud. IMHO it just sounds like a srt swallowing, pooping out mustang sound. Thats just me though. I cant stand quite cars. Its too much like stock and when I see a stock looking vehicle it tells me that person doesnt not love there vehicle enough to show it off. Then again that is my humble opinion.

You can always just go with the Godspeed downpipe and uppipe with a more quite exhaust.

cnk
    Originally posted by STIwish
    Okay.. for starters, an MBC is NOT going to harm your car in any way, shape or form unless you go overboard with it... as for tweaking constantly.. it isnt true unless you go from sea level to 5000+ feet.. and even then i havent ever had to tweak it.... they are easy to tune and give a mad nice increase...
    I'm in NJ at sea level and used to have a Blitz SBC-ID EBC. Believe it or not, in the summer, I had to constantly change the settings as I would boost 14.5psi during the day, but at night when the temps dropped, I'd end up boosting 15.5psi or higher. Humidity, temperature, and sea level all affect how any boost controller works. The nice thing about an EBC is that you can monitor these changes as most have digital displays with peak hold and memory functions and the ability to change settings from inside the car. IMHO, with the advent of ECU reflashing, there's no need for an MBC or EBC for the person that wants a street driven car with improved performance. You can attain much higher and safer performance with an ECU reflash. To each his own though. . .the best advice I can give anyone is for them to do their own research and decide what is best for themselves.

Calvin

I am also going with the Turbo XS turbo-back, got a sweet deal on one.
    So, the Blitz SUS is the way to go for intakes?
    Turbo XS Turbo-back, Turbo XS Type H BOV, Greddy Intake, Greddy E-01 Boost Controller, G Tech Pro Comp, Custom RAM, All Fluids Synthetic

12.79@106.10
    60' 1.685

God
    Oh yes the one I sent you is 14 lb. It is now standard rate on the ones I sell. I will get you a 19 lb one ASAP.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

oh, btw dan, this is dave...We finally got the car to stop knocking on the dyno (the power dip is gone), but she still knocks on the highway with very conservative timing (no more than 22-23 degrees), and the air/fuel is perfectly straight at 10.9-11.2. Cant really figure out why it does that, perhaps something to do with more air being read by the MAF sensor on the highway than on the dyno, and therefore making it run lean????
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex