"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 125

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Actually, that might work even better with a megaphone. YOu might get some strange looks, but hey, I get those ...

Actually, that might work even better with a megaphone. YOu might get some strange looks, but hey, I get those with my GFB BOV now.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a GFB hybrid with no problems at all.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Originally posted by EIonJess
    that's harsh but funny as hell!
    I wasn't meaning to be harsh. I was just in a playful mood and the image hit me!
    Bill

RIP REX

holy crap, that blow off joke was so damn.....

GAY 8==D

Bring this thread back.......

I went to the forge website and i saw a whole list of bov's. Which model did you guys get??
    I am interested in the 100% atmosphere.....not recirulating.

i got the 100%

i am actually not aware of anyone who does have the 50/50 (not to say that there aren't any out there)
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

What's the model number??

There is like 5 different versions for the Subaru Impreza and they are all atmospheric.

Originally posted by Bilkid
    I wasn't meaning to be harsh. I was just in a playful mood and the image hit me!
    I know...the image hit me also I cracked up!

Seriously though I am using a GFB 50/50. No problems so far.

Originally posted by WRC_Obsessed
    i got mine from rallyperformance ...but if you are looking for good customer service avoid them like the plague...

you can also order them directly from forge ...
    here are some links...like i said rallyperformance can bite the big one
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

help bov ?

when i was "trying" to install my bov----it made this fluttering noise(flutter=compressor surge=deaths screams of turbo) i heard that somewhere---but anyway i got scared and took it off and reinstalled the stock one---when i was doing so i noticed that half the gasket was kinda hanging off, so i put the stock one back and tighten the bolts hard(with gasket still on)---two ?s --one was the cause of the flutter--two do i need to change the gasket immediately even the stock one sounds fine and psi is at norm(al)

ps where do i get a new gasket????

please help

You should be able to use your old gasket as long as you didnt torque the new BOV over the lip of a gasket causesing it to bend. Also, what type of BOV do you have? People do get fluttering in them and some people say that it went away around 500 miles. Others need to change the tensions in the spring that actuates the release of the BOV itself, and other BOV's, I think Turbo XS's comes with washers instead of springs.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

intake and bov..come on

fully stock wrx is what i have. im looking into a blitz sus short ram intake, and a forge BOV, since they both seem to get slim to none problems from what iv read. buut people say the intake makes u run lean, and the bov makes u run rich. well if u have both, haha do they cancel each other out..seriosly? i would love to have these 2. i no there will only be a slight performance gain. but im in love with the turbo spooling noise, and the bov noise. i would take these 2 sounds over any cool/ricy exterior mod. think my engine will blow up? dealer says if they install it, they'l back me up when i need warranty work done. how much do u think the install with it. am i making good decisiosns or bad decisions?... thanks

0db

Re: intake and bov..come on

Originally posted by BIGRACING514
    fully stock wrx is what i have. im looking into a blitz sus short ram intake, and a forge BOV, since they both seem to get slim to none problems from what iv read. buut people say the intake makes u run lean, and the bov makes u run rich. well if u have both, haha do they cancel each other out..seriosly? i would love to have these 2. i no there will only be a slight performance gain. but im in love with the turbo spooling noise, and the bov noise. i would take these 2 sounds over any cool/ricy exterior mod. think my engine will blow up? dealer says if they install it, they'l back me up when i need warranty work done. how much do u think the install with it. am i making good decisiosns or bad decisions?... thanks
    I really don't want to sound like a **** here, but with a stock WRX, why spend your first money on two mods that don't do anything for you?

Either way, the BOV only makes you run rich WHILE it's blowing off (when you're upshifting) so no, it won't "cancel" the effects of the intake screwing with your MAF readings.