"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 124

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That's weird, check for valve spring tensioning, air leaks (vacuum hose, bov adaptor, etc..) If you want to, reinstall the ...

That's weird, check for valve spring tensioning, air leaks (vacuum hose, bov adaptor, etc..) If you want to, reinstall the bov kit, you might miss something during the initial install.
    Applied Force built WRX, definitely one of a kind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: hey

Originally posted by hippy78
    hey,
    I thought the fluttering noise was the wastegate opening and closing so the turbo slows down?
    Have you ever heard a VW's stock recirc. valve? It sounds like that. If not...i have no way of making the noise via text..

ok...... this is all very informing but WILL those two mods..( short ram intake, and bov) make the af rich ? or will it be like, or close enough to stock?

anyone have any pics of this?

thanks
    Last edited by erollinc; 07-15-2003 at 07:19 PM.

Bone stock wrx with bov

hi i was wondering if its a bad idea to install a turboxs bov with a bone stock car. i m planning on doing the exhaust and boost control down the road.. i just want a bov for the sound..am i making the turbo work harder or the engine..is there any consequences to this like bad gas mileage..thanks for any inputs..i did a search but seems like no one has the car setup stock with bov and usually with some other mods...
    thanks
    eddy

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

BAD...

I think that there are some consequences to installing a BOV on the stock car. I personally would not do it after having read some things on this forum...like running rich (I believe this is one of the things that I read on this forum). Just remove your intake silencer and remain with the stock BOV...you'll hear the whooosh sound outside the car and inside with the radio off. NOt to mention hearing your turbo spool a little louder.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Also...

I think that TurboXS might have some leaking problems (as is the RUMOR around here)...search around and ask some questions on other threads that are about BOV's.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

It likely wont hurt much, however its very possible with a 100% venting valve like the TXS that you will experience a degradation in performance. If you must have the sound, I'd recommend getting a "hybrid" or "50/50" valve like the GFB. This is the best of both worlds: sound without sacrificing drivability. IMHO of course.

* waits for inevitable posts from BOV haters screaming there is nothing wrong with the stock valve *
    Last edited by 2003WRX; 07-15-2003 at 06:21 PM.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

My wrx is stock for 1 more week except for the gfb bov and everything works fine.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE STOCK BOV

i have the turbo xs bov on my stock wrx and is running fine.

Yeah what happens is that the ecu thinks there a surge of air coming thur the intake every time you shift and increases the fuel at that point when theres no air its make your car run slightly rich for a hot sec. Reducing engine performance. also with the rapid decease in pressure it slows your turbos down (spool) as that also decreases engine performance. It been said that 100% BOV aren't need untill your running over 21 psi ( <-- So I've heard)

FF
    04 WRB/GOLD WRX STI
    Blitz SUS intake
    Blitz DD BOV
    Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
    Blitz SBC ID @ 17.0 PSI
    Buschur Racing Down pipe
    Exedy Clutch

If you want the sound without sacrificing drivability or paying any money, here's what you do.

As you are driving your car, every time you shift, just as you put in the clutch, blow air through your lips to make the sound. Sounds just like a blowoff valve. If you want to impress those around you, roll your window down and stick your head out while you're doing it.
    Bill

RIP REX

ROFLMAO
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL Now that was funny!!!

Originally posted by Bilkid
    If you want the sound without sacrificing drivability or paying any money, here's what you do.

As you are driving your car, every time you shift, just as you put in the clutch, blow air through your lips to make the sound. Sounds just like a blowoff valve. If you want to impress those around you, roll your window down and stick your head out while you're doing it.
    that's harsh but funny as hell!