"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 121
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; installed...

installed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bovinstalled.jpg  
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With 100% atomosphere, i love it. It works perfectly- no hesitation, or idle stumble. Its quiet when you want but it will turn heads when your on it. Plus it was fairly cheap!!!!
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

EZ

Well i followed the directions to my turboXS....took me 20 min to install, 10 min for the work and 10 min for finding my stupid tools. Take off Stock and strap on the BOV! Very ez to install and i am 17 and failed math and all tha number sh!t in school
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

BOV pricing

I am a little confused. I went to the Forge website and it seems that just about all the BOV listed from forge are $150. Shopping some of our vendors I see $190's. Is there something extra the vendors are putting into the Forge that Forge themselves don't? I am trying to decide between the Forge and the RFL...decisions decisions.
    87 Buick Grand National....not running. Sold engine to Slipknot and building way bigger V6 Stage 2.

03 Ford F250 Crew Cab long bed 4x4 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, 5sp automatic, and one killer stereo!

03 Subaru WRX...17" battles to go on, STi foglamp covers, rolling stealth mode except for the stereo. The wifes ride.

02 Ducati 900 Monster Dark...we share this one!

Speed costs. How fast do you want to spend? - Sterling Moss

GXX
    same thing, other vendors are just selling higher i think.

i have a forge myself, awesome BOV.
    w00t!

God
    Go for the Turbo XS unit. It's a nice unit.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Unhappy HKS BOV causes engine surge.. help please

Hi everyone,

I recently installed an HKS universal SSQ BOV with the WRX-specific flange that I bought from HKS. The valve seems to work fine but for some reason, when it blows off, I get a mild surge in engine RPM's. I know that this is a 100% atmospheric BOV, so is this little surge the "rich condition" that everyone talks about? ie: the air has been metered for but doesnt go into the engine? It's quite mild and I could probably live with it, but its just a little bizarre, and throws off my shifting.

Thanks in advance,

-FB123

('02 Platinum Silver UP/DP HKS CB)

ps: called HKS usa tech support and they were no help.. To those of you who bought the entire WRX kit, did yours include a little black vacuum filter or something? Could lacking this part cause my problem?
    Last edited by frogbot123; 07-08-2003 at 10:47 AM.

You mean the engine RPM's suddenly rise? I've been getting that a lot lately, but I found out it was just me. You have to adjust your shifting if you get a BOV, and maybe you just haven't adjusted yet.

The vaccuum kit you're talking about, is it a little black hose that you hook up to another vaccuum line?

I hope you figure this out. I'd be interested to hear what the solution is....
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

Lift off the throttle earlier and FULLY when you shift. When shifting quickly, a mild surge in engine speed is normal.

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    Lift off the throttle earlier and FULLY when you shift. When shifting quickly, a mild surge in engine speed is normal.
    Yupp, I figured that one out already
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

GREAT DIAGRAMS!!!

The filter, which I saw as part of the HKS WRX BOV kit, was a little black disc a little larger than a quarter, with vacuum in and out. The salesperson at the store described it as a vacuum filter, but I dont know if thats what it actually is. HKS tech support didnt even really know what was in the kit.

So - is it normal to get a little RPM surge with a BOV and I should just adjust my driving to suit?

Thanks,
    -FB123

Originally posted by frogbot123
    The filter, which I saw as part of the HKS WRX BOV kit, was a little black disc a little larger than a quarter, with vacuum in and out. The salesperson at the store described it as a vacuum filter, but I dont know if thats what it actually is. HKS tech support didnt even really know what was in the kit.

So - is it normal to get a little RPM surge with a BOV and I should just adjust my driving to suit?

Thanks,
    -FB123

Sounds like an adapter maybe between two different sizes of hose...?
    '12 WRB Sedan

hey

yes it is totally normal for your rpm to rise a little when you push the clutch in expecially when driving agressively. When you accelerate you are making the engine push the transmition to go quicker, and if you don't take your foot off the gas a little b4 you depress the clutch, the momentom will make the engine gain rpm. Rpm goes up when you put your foot and the gas and the car is in neutral right? I mean it's even normal to get a little boost surge because the engine starts slowing down quick and the turbo is still pushin air through....

Surge aside, your going to want to get your hands on one of the filters, it keeps gunk from building up inside the BOV.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.