"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 120
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; A BOV is a Blow Off Valve - as Kurlee mentioned earlier, if you do a search on BOV, you ...

A BOV is a Blow Off Valve - as Kurlee mentioned earlier, if you do a search on BOV, you will find out everything and more that you ever wanted to know about them! The search button is your friend

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so that was with no piping behind the turbo at all? the exhaust was just coming strait out of the turbo!@@@!!

good lord was it loud
    2002 Silver WRX with:

TurboXS MBC @ 15.5, Kartboy Short Shifter, Kartboy Shift Bushings, Godspeed Uppipe, Custom 3" Turboback Exhaust with 4" Bellmouth and Flowmaster Muffler, Eibach Springs, Diablo C9 18" Rims, Wings West body Kit and Wing

bambams247
    Originally posted by bigchris
    so that was with no piping behind the turbo at all? the exhaust was just coming strait out of the turbo!@@@!!

good lord was it loud
    Is that your own lift in your garage?

Is that your own lift in your garage?
    No, it a local muffler shops lift.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

Have TXS RFL BOV, keep it or sell/trade for HKS SSQ?

I just got a TXS RFL BOV, and its awesome and VERY VERY loud, but i am thinking of getting the HKS SSQ instead, has a more unique sound and doesnt seem like it would get annoying or as loud when not trying to blow it off. I feel that i will get sick of the RFL when im driving normal or with other ppl that dont like it (my parents or older friends lol). So has anyone had both, and is the SSQ as loud when you want it to be? I love having the sound though, its like not having to use the horn, lol. Also, when i drive around in the parking lot EVERYONE looks at my car like WTF! Thanks, and let me know!
    One of the reasons why i am considering this is because im going to go with the HKS carbon TI exhaust maybe and the combination of the 2 sounds great!
    2003 Sedona Red WRX SOLD THIS WEEK
    Soon getting S10 ZR2 4x4

Fluttering Forge BOV Fix

If you are like me, and have had problems with the Forge BOV fluttering when you shift at anything under half boost, then I have found a solution for you. Take the BOV off the car, undo the 6 allen screws, pop the top off, and replace the blue spring with the yellow one that should have been given to you when you bought the BOV. This fixed this minor, yet annoying problem that I have been having. Just felt like throwing it out here for any of you fellow Forge users
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

ill bump this for ya James
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

keep the RFL.

i'm biased

i had the forge, now the SSQ, i love it! not too loud, not too quiet!
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

GFB BOV pics

i dont know if anyones ahs thes on this site. Sorry for the pics, i took them with my palm pilot.
    BOV off car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bovoffcar.jpg  
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

What are you asking?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Originally posted by ryland
    What are you asking?
    I think he's just wanting to show us that he has a GFB BOV...maybe? Anywho, how do you like it BoostedBoxer?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

i was just showing u guys pics. I didnt think the pics went through though; Im gonna have to add some more now that it went through.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

bypass plug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails recircplug.jpg  
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

At 14???

Cool cool, I almost bought one of those but decided on the Forge because I haven't heard anyone complain about them.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.