"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 12
Page 12 of 788 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112512 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I merged - we had numerous MBC threads all discussing the same issues. Thanks, -Pace...

I merged - we had numerous MBC threads all discussing the same issues.

Thanks,
    -Pace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No prob rumble.....hmmm?All connections seem to be tight and in order...so you say that your GFB has a woooosh under boost wrxracer? I don't know what seems to be a problem then. I do get a woosh buy only under hard throttle...I wonder if anyone else is having the same problems. Does anyone know what kind of problem am I having?
    -"I love my PUNKY!!!"

I Support ClubWRX

BOV Install Instructions!!!

Just found this install of a HKS BOV on iclubs. Excellent instructions with pictures at each step. Looks like you could install one of these in about 10 minutes.
    Enjoy,

http://www.highkaliber.net/tuning/040302/wrxbov.shtml

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

so the shop who installed my gfb bov installed the plug in but he said it was in 50 50 mode. is that right? your saying the plug makes it 100% vent, im confused. its not that loud, im goin with the turboxs h
    You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car.

yes if it's plugged it's venting at 100%. I just vented mine at 100%, and guess what? That annoying flutter sound is even louder! Good that my turboback drowns out the noise somewhat...but still that noise is awful how about your's? You say that the shop plugged up your valve...does it wooooosh or putter?
    -"I love my PUNKY!!!"

Advise on BOV

Looking to buyt a BOV. I need some suggestions.
    Currently looking at the following BOVproducts.

Bltz BOV
    TurbXS BOV H
    GFB BOV
    hks BOV
    AVO BOV

I looking for a bov that's not to loud.

I have the TurboXs Type-H and it gets pretty loud, so you problably dont want that one.
    "They came they saw they lost"

02 Plat WRX:
    AutoMeter Boost Guage
    HKS SSQ bov
    Joe P MBC
    Blitz SUS Intake
    TurboXS Unichip on the way....

inside the car i can really only hear the psshhhh sound, the valve aint that loud. then again i didnt push the engine too much. should i take the plug out? one of the main reasons i got the gfb was because of the 50 50. i havent really noticed difference in performance, but its only been on for 2 days. so all you do is take the plug out? dont you have to connect the valve to the opening somehow? im prolly gonna keep it for a month or so and go with the turboxs type h. sounds sickning.
    You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your car.

If you're going to buy one, get one that recirculates or at least one that is 50/50. That's my opinion.

hey rich....I got a spare plug!!! hmmmm? email me if you want to work something out. Hmmm? Billybong, you should stay at 100% if you are getting that pssssh sound. Don't wanna risk anything. I tried putting the valve on myself and had to scew the top off and back on the correct way because the vaccuum hose was in a retarded position. There was a spring inside and it fell out but i'm sure I put it on correctly. Then that stupid putter noise came out when I hit the throttle. I went to a local shop that specializes in tuning wrx's, and they reinstalled the whole darned thing both at 50/50 and 100%, and guess what?!
    putputputputputputptputputupt!!!! Well, i'll wait till i get a TurboXS or Blitz or anything. The only putput sound that should come from the car should be from the flat 4 (or perhaps my farts) not my bov!
    -"I love my PUNKY!!!"

I like the blitz BOV myself. although i'm an avid fan of blitz products so my opinion may just be a lil bit biased.

---RaCinWRX

The APS dual-vent BOV is the best BOV for the WRX that money can buy. I did my homework before investing $260 is one. I love it.

-Jim

I have the TurboXS Bov-H and it is noticeable inside and outside the car but I want their Bov-HRFL. The RFL stands for really f_ckin loud. The great thing about the TXS bov's is that for $39 you get the adapter which makes removal and installation only 10 minutes and the price is the best. I have talked to many places including Titan Motorsports in Orlando and they all say that you dont want something that goes back into the intake. It costs $169 for the bov and 39 for the adapter. Check out turboxs.com

help a brother out.

whuzzz a BOV?
    Love Peace Happiness Ride
    That Ride will soon be DRIVE!!!

BOV

(Blow Off Valve) function: vent excess boost when throttle is closed.

cheers
    www.realultimatepower.net