"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 114
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Simply put, a CAI will cool the air insignificantly to the heat generated by compressing air through a turbo....which is ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Simply put, a CAI will cool the air insignificantly to the heat generated by compressing air through a turbo....which is then cooled some by the intercooler.

Therefore, it's better to just get as much air as possible via a short inlet than a long snorkel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, I agree short ram is the way to go. Now, is using Aftermarket Blow Offs totally pointless. I like the sound the aftermarket BOV make but does it help with turbo lag and releasing back pressure? I know the WRx's come with the diverter valve. Its intresting since I found out recenlt that the cars don't need turbo timers either. LOL don't want to waste any money on useless parts.

Thanks
    2004 World Rally Blue STi
    Email: JDMTEG@nc.rr.com
    AOL IM: Bluedevils80

BOV

i heard my friends '02 WRX with HKS BOV and it sounds orgasmic!!!!!! =] any other BOV's make this sound? or better? maybe like a rattlesnake type sound? cuz HKS is said to leak alot or sumtn. I just want a BOV for the sound... and i don't wanna keep checking every now and then if it leaks... just something stable and worth having - something that works like stock but sounds different =]

the one that don't leak is greddy bov
    the one that gives out the best sound is the turboXS type H RFL bov

These items are all bolt on right? fit the STi?
    Think they would void warranties?

turbosmart bov dual action...

how good is the Turbosmart bov plum back.. the TS 3 PB i think its called.

BOV reply

but does the turboXS not leak either? is it as good as the greddy BOV quality-wise? or are there a few minor no-no's of having a turboXS ?

thx for the reply btw =]

the greddy one is fool proof

the turboXS one will leak if u go high on boost, if u're stock u'll be fine

it just bolt on directly

won't void warranty unless u blow ur motor and they blame it on the blow off valve, then u can tell them to blow u
    lol

LOL hahaha do you need anything to accompany the turboXS BOV? i heard somethin about recommending a UTEC with it?

i'm probably going to only have just the BOV, intake, and exhaust as mod's - purely for sound, not as much as performance.

btw, whats UTEC? hehe i'm new to this stuff.

oh yeah.. another thing.. what kind of sound does greddy BOV produce?

i went to www.godspeedinc.com and d/led the blitz BOV clip. does it sound anything like that? or maybe louder?

Turbo XS RFL BOV installed...

and i love it... VERY loud, but my cars loud, and yellow so it fits... used 3 washers so if i shift at like 2500ish i dont get a noise. So I can kinda control it. I love it... nice and loud...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yes RFL is the best BOV in my opinon, cause i like my car loud. However i used no washers.

Not Bad sounding BOV Valves by Blitz. How do the HKS BOV Sound compared to the Blitz or GReddy
    Last edited by WRXSti04; 06-22-2003 at 02:42 PM.

Maybe im insane, but if you dont get a noise its not blowing off meaning that you're probably getting some kind of compressor surge?

EDIT: I had to say this is 'CKxx' posting under my friends name, i didnt realize i was logged on as him.
    Last edited by TOTWillegh; 06-20-2003 at 10:03 PM.

funny I heard it eas the greddy and blitz that leaked alot the the HKS was suppose to be the best onw out there ??? I guess its all how you want to look at it.
    88' turbo 2 RX7 ( sold )
    89 240 SX ( SR20 coming )
    04 WRX STI ( got it !! )

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.