"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 113
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got pictures of the midpipe from every angle -->HERE<--...

I've got pictures of the midpipe from every angle -->HERE<--
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how'd you know if you're running rich anyway? will the A/F guage really tell? is it accurate?

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up

Took 15 min and it sounds great! One Question though,... would it sound better w/ an intake?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I love my TXS RFL BOV. I wouldn't trade it for any other one. Never heard about it running rich though.
    293.2 hp to the ground
    267 lb/ft torque to the ground
    VF-30 Setup

Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
    Took 15 min and it sounds great! One Question though,... would it sound better w/ an intake?
    For sound, you will here the turbo spool up more by adding an intake. Have your removed your silencer? That will do it to and it only costs a few minutes of your time. Don't waste your money on an intake. Not worth it.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

everybody be sure to lubricate your bov with engine oil. They don't come lubricated and mine like would not go off unless at super high rpms. I lubricated it and now it is fine. My friends was like this also. His wouldn't go off at all until I lubricated it.

This is bambooi on johnyero's name. Im at his place.
    2003 Steel Gray Mazda6
    Now: Zoom Zoom
    Want/Future: Zoom Zoom VRROM PSHHHHHHHH!!! HOLY SH*T!!!

intake and bov

as a newbie, these are the two things i can afford concern most:
    1. intake - i know CAIs aren't useful in the STI, but what about just a regular short RAM from the WRX, seems like no companies made any intakes for the STIs yet, are the ones for the WRX work fine? will it mess up the ECU or AF ratio? since god did his blitz SUS with many other mods, i can't really tell

2. bov- it's going to sound good, i know the WRX flanges work with the STIs, i know greddy and blitz are the ones we should use since TurboXS and HKS do leak a lot, but besides running rich when shifting gear, what other problems might it cause?

what do u use to lubricate it? do u lube it from time to time since so much air has gone thru it?

also by running rich does that mean only shifts or when idles?

SBW
    a/f gauge's are usually inacurate unless you have them calibrated for wot. There's some guy you can send them to that modifies a/f gauges to work only within a specific voltage range during wot and makes an A/F gauge way more accurate, otherwise they dont tell you much.

You can tell its rich by the engine stumbling at idle. And I retract my previous statement, its not just when you shift but actually when the throttle plate is closed. The throttle plate closes though usually between shifts as well though.

Good questions, These are probably the first 2 Mods I would also like to do. Lets hear some feedback. Would the WRX Short Ram Intake such as AEM be to small in diameter (i.e would it fit?)

Thanks
    2004 World Rally Blue STi
    Email: JDMTEG@nc.rr.com
    AOL IM: Bluedevils80

but the car never dies down due to the richness and it just shakes weirdly whenever throttle plate is closed
    hmm
    how do u adjust the bov nut?

STi
    why can't a full CAI be put on?

coz we got the intercooler already
    a few degree changes in the intake won't be useful and we need the air quick during spools, and air in cai will take too long, best is just having a foam filter at the inlet, but then there is the sensor, so short ram is the best

bambams247
    Originally posted by Mattr762

What did you draw that with? How did you do it? WOW!

I drew it with Adobe Illustrator 10. I do that kind of thing for a living, I just had to do a ton of research.
    '02 WRX white - Uppipe, MattSpec Turbo-back, Dynorad

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.