"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 112
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by SubaruMatt I run the HKS SSQ BOV. It runs well with my car and also will run ...

Originally posted by SubaruMatt
    I run the HKS SSQ BOV. It runs well with my car and also will run well with a stock car. As for running rich what happens is the WRX has a recirculating valve so when you run a BOV that is 100% atmosphere the ECU still looks for the air that is vented and its ratios are effected. Also all the guys at vivid racing run the HKS. So good luck.
    But for a stock car dont waste your money. (I did it for the sound, i know i suck)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Soon to come
    Utec, FMIC, Fuel Injectors

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As you suspect, that's the "donut" and it acts as a gasket while providing mounting flexiblility. It needs to be there.

Happy Motoring

I Support ClubWRX
    I now feel like a complete retard. I usually think things through before I do them. I should have known that resetting the ECU was the culprit. Thanks AlexWRX. I reset the ECU last night and put the stock BOV back on the car. On the way to work this morning, I performed the Shiv quick learn trick. And the car is all back to normal. Power is back and my car runs good. Thanks for all or you suggestions.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Smile New TXS RFL BOV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my lunch break today I went out and splurged, buying a TXS RFL BOV!!!! I really wasn't sure which BOV to get, untill I actually heard this one over the weekend and OH MY G0D!!! I've heard everything from "it's too loud..." to, "You'll get sick of it..." but I don't care! Three days to ship and then it's ear drum shattering fun for everyone!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Glad you got it sorted out. Have you tried the Forge 50/50 recirc valve? I'm curious how the sound compares to the 100% atm.

BTW, stocker is a dump valve, not BOV

I just noticed today I get a quiet wooshing sound when I build boost in 1st and 2nd. Now you might say its just the turbo spooling, but I have heard my turbo spool before and it wasn't exactly the same. It kinda sounded like the noise I got when I left one of the recirculating hoses off that I used to take off for easy access to the MBC install (haven't run the mbc in a long time though). So when I build boost it sounds like air rushing in then when I let off the gas it sounds like air is leaving, like going to a higher pitch then a lower one. Like sucking air into your mouth when you are on the gas then blowing it out when you let off. I checked all my hoses and they looked ok, I will do a further investigation later. Chalk up another weird sound coming from my subaru.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

SBW

Re: New TXS RFL BOV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
    Three days to ship and then it's ear drum shattering fun for everyone!
    The fuzz says, "We love the BOV's!"

i just installed my RFL about 2 weeks ago, it sounds the best to me and i like it.

Originally posted by pace
    [B]And I respectfully disagree with you. First, before you go badmouthing the Unichip based upon what some tuners - whom themselves probably do not sell it - may have told you; speak to those who do and express your concerns for them to address. TurboXS and Vishnu are emerging as the top WRX tuners, and certainly the most respected. They both tune and sell Unichips, but both take very different approaches as to how they use the device to increase HP.

Secondly, get your facts straight. The power gained from a Unichip is not sourced from leaning out the A/F alone. Ignition timing is a large part of it, as is moderating the boost levels according to various engine variables. The Unichip is a very sophisticated piece of electronic equipment able to intercept and manipulate the data passing to and from the ECU. It is not a simple programmable A/F ratio device.

The one sensible thing you did say is that an EGT gauge is a must-have.
    B]
    look at this big brother number of posts i think he has been around on this forum for quite some time and has probably witness many stupid unverafiable statement like these. pace i have not been around as long as you have but i do know that you are correct and thanks for setting this matter straight before our community give in to this poison
    -Pace [/

It will make your car run rich and stumble. Its been brought up tons of times. I had one, and have since removed it.
    '12 WRB Sedan

Get Forge, its REALLY loud when you shift @ WOT.

Absolutely ZERO problems so far, had it on for about 500 miles.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Question

Originally posted by 03WRXMA
    It will make your car run rich and stumble. Its been brought up tons of times. I had one, and have since removed it.
    This is probably a stupid question, but here goes:
    Would the "riching" aspect of this BOV help balance out the leaning-out effect of a MBC?? Thanks.
    2002 WRB 5-spd: K&N drop-in, silencer hack, Samco IC hoses, Godspeed uppipe, Bosal downpipe w/stock 3rd cat, Tanabe RM catback, TB Racing crank pulley, Tanabe GF-210 springs, Koni Sport strut inserts, Group N tranny & motor mounts, Whiteline rack bushings, Kartboy rear-sway endlinks & shifter, Goodridge ss brakelines, Akebono ProACT front pads

SBW
    no because with a bov thats atmospheric, it goes rich between shifts. So it will not prevent leaning.

Originally posted by JohnZim63
    This is probably a stupid question, but here goes:
    Would the "riching" aspect of this BOV help balance out the leaning-out effect of a MBC?? Thanks.

Nope.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

hks bov install

Just wondering if I need to get the "kit" to install the hks bov. I read that the kit comes with mounting brackets and rings, but are these not included in the box with just the bov?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.