"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 110
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Forge Motorsport has not stopped manufacturing the valves for the subaru wrx. In fact production is running at an all ...

Forge Motorsport has not stopped manufacturing the valves for the subaru wrx. In fact production is running at an all time high along with development of new valves. Take a look at www.forgemotorsport.com for the valve listings and contact info.
    Tom Porter
    Forge Motorsport USA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

THis is weird.....stratosphere is selling the forge bov for 199 while i'm looking at the forge motorsports site which sells them for 150?

Does this make any sense? Or am i completely looking at something completely different?
    Basically a Cobb Stage 2+lots of extras

I'll sell you mine for $120 - perfect working order and includes blanking cap for the return hose.

PM me if interested.

Max.

buy it from Dave at http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merch...egory_Code=200
    because he is a cool guy and really really professional as well.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up Any more diagrams?

Mattr762,
    Do you have any more diagrams similar to that one? (engine, turbocharger, etc.) If so please post.
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

FORGE BOV again..

So I got my Forge BOV today.

I recevied a shiny BOV, weird cap looking shinny object that supposed to close up the big hose, and 2 springs.

Where do those springs go?? I installed it without them and the car seems to run fine.

One more question, sometimes the sound doesn't seem very clean. it's more like broken "psshh." I'm assuming that's because there aren't much air to let out. Is that normal?

thnx!

The springs are replacements. Red = Stiffest , Yellow = Medium , Green = Soft.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

eh... can you explain it more?? ^^:; I don't get it.

Replacement of internal BOV springs, if there's any?

and what does stiff/mild and soft settings do? difference betw them?

thnx!

Yes, the springs are inside of the BOV. Softer springs release air under lower air pressures. So make sure you have a soft spring installed, that could be your problem if you are hearing a "broken" release of air. As it would indicate that the valve wasnt opening easily enough.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I'm holding red and yellow springs. Does it mean green one is already in the BOV? hmph.. which one did you put in? green one?

Yea, green one should be in there.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

I just intalled my Forge BOV.

I also notice the fluttering. And I'm using the green, the softest spring given from manufacturer.

any reports?

another thing I notice was that there's red colored grease, Im assuming it's a lubricant on my BOV after having it for a day. I guess it's because it's new?

Yep, don't worry about that it's 100% normal
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

bigred, the reason you here the fluttering sound now is because you installed the intake, which removes the stock silencer that quiets the sounds of the intake and turbo.

The flutter noise is not audible when the intake silencer is on.

I have been thinking though.... I installed a dryer duct hose from home depot. I connected it to my ram air vent, to the intake box. The flutter noise went away. But once i took the hose out, the noise came back.

I am thinking that maybe, the flutter is caused by starving the engine of air? Cause when the hose was connected, forcing air into the aibox all the time, there was no noise. So im a bit confused....
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.