"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 104

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im new to the forum. i was wondering is the blitz hard to install? is it loud?...

Blitz BOV install

im new to the forum. i was wondering is the blitz hard to install? is it loud?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by kawshon; 05-08-2003 at 09:45 PM.

no it's really easy... it's loud, but not as loud compared to some of these brands out here... TXS RFL is pretty damn loud, it's sounds just beautiful..

Turbo XS RFL BOV

For anyone that has a TXS RFL BOV or anyone who knows a lot about them:

What kind of performance decrease will i feel and how much time in the quarter will i be losing if i buy this valve on a stock car w/ tanabe exhaust. Are there any quick fixes for this (Open air diverter valve that makes the same sound). I want it only for the sound which is why I'm looking at the TXS one (i hear its the loudest and i heard a sound clip online). I heard u can buy an evc (electronic valve conroller) to fix the air fuel problem it creates. Is this tru? if so where can i get one.

Anyone need one? Looks like it is going on EBAY tonight then.

I will sell it if anyone needs it
    Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

guys leave him alone! everyone Fs up..how would you feel if you were new here and you did somthing and everyone ripped into you about it ? not cool guys...

not to be mean...but why would you be considering buying somthing if it was going to decrease performance? it may not decrease performance that much but you may have funny idle problems, and stalling problems and such. if you got a bov that you could control where the air went ..like 50/50 intake/atm..then it would be alright.

yeah fo real guys.

Dude, sell it on ebay or return it to the place you bought it from. If you bought it online, call your vendor and see if you can get a refund because they didn't help you out enough with your purchase. Stuff like this wouldn't happen if you were to go through Garret @ Worldone. He's got the best prices, and in a case where he doesn't, he might pricematch. Do a little more research before you buy more stuff for the car, and for sure don't buy anything that you aren't sure about; chances are you're going to be off.

If you EVER need any help with anything, PM me! I'm willing to help you as much as I can, so please don't be shy.

Try puttin an add in the "Personals For Sale" Section, because I'm sure someone out there needs one.

-Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

thanks for the help man. I am new to Subarus. I had a very heavily modified VW GTI and knew everything,. Again, if anyone needs this, let me know
    Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

blitz bov

i just installed it. i expected the valve to be louder. how do i make it louder? which end piece did u attach? did u guys use the standard metal piece of or the filter looking piece?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    You might want to experiment with loosening the screw on the top of the BOV. You have to loosen the nut first, then use an allen wrench to loosen up the actual threaded part. Don't loosen it too much though, or else you'll feel it come out. You also don't want to loosen it so much that you start leaking boost at idle. You'll definitely hear it and notice it leaking if you do. Just experiment with it and you'll find a nice happy medium

As for the metal piece, I bought mine used and I didn't have the screws for mine, so right now I'm just using it without any metal piece. I tried look for metric screws but all of the ones I could find have heads that are too big
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

mcguirkgti

just ignore all the other b.s. we all messed up at 1 point....just if you think you might want to try something on you car....do a search, usually something will come up that might be relevant to your problem or post a question...there are more of us here that will try to help you than not. there are alot of really bright ppl here that know alot about the car. just ask next time !!!!
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

yeah mcguirk,

Just ignore us. Don't let silly people like me turn you away from this forum. These guys are the best in regards to forums. You will find allot of intelligent people here and will help you with almost everything you need help on.

Originally posted by the_bear
    I read that article as well, the reason for crushing the top is to increase the spring preload on the valve. I guess the theory is that the valve stays sealed at higher pressures. The article also mentioned that DSM specialties sold "pre-crushed" units, which seems alot safer than ball peening your BOV. It would be cool if some of the guys on the forum who have aftermarket BOV's tried this trick out with their old stocker to see if it works.

-the_bear
    Yeah, I went to DSM Specialties website, but couldn't find the part. I wanted to link to a picture for everyone. The one in the mag is so lightly crushed that you can't really tell, so it's not like you are supposed to put the hurt on it with a ball peen hammer. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of comments on this mod though, so I'm assuming it's not worth the effort.

SBW
    I have the blitz, its loud enough, any louder and I would have taken it off by now. Its got a distinct sound though, I like it.

Install is cake, although I had to do a little more than most. As long as you have the adaptor, you should be fine.