"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 102

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how do i install the blow off valve ther are springs with it. is there anywhere where i can get ...

install?????

how do i install the blow off valve ther are springs with it. is there anywhere where i can get instructions for this. i didnt get any

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

there is already a spring in it. The others are different tension if you need them for your set-up.

Install the BOV and see.

IF you need to change the spring - undo the hex screws and the thing pops apart (just hold it all together as you release the tension on the spring - it is a very simple mechanism - you don't really need instructions.

If you are worried - call George at Forge Motorsports in Florida - he gives great support of Forge gear.

Cheers,

Andrew

instructions on blow off valve

where can i find instructions to install a forge blow off valve. i didnt get any. i want to do this the right way . please! and thank you!

Check the other thread - I have put some details there.

cnk
    1. pop hood
    2. undo 2 12mm bolts on stock BOV
    3. pull vacuum line off stock BOV
    4. lift up stock BOV and squeeze clip to remove intake return hose
    5. reassemble in reverse order

Calvin

I Support ClubWRX

Question for Forge BOV Owners

I just installed my Forge BOV. IT has a nice sound most of the time, but sometimes I only get a flutter instead of the whoosh... Is this normal? Or do I need to install the stiffer spring? I usually get the flutter when I'm not going from WOT. Also sometimes I get the flutter right before I get the whoosh. Again, is this normal?

-MK
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

It sounds like you may need to try a SOFTER spring...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

My gfb bov does that too, usually when i shift at 3k with light boost. If i shift at 4k, the flutter sound is barely there, if not at all.. Try to shifter around 4-4.3k...
    2003 WRX 5spd Sedan
    ~Stage 4+ 20g~

I get the same thing. I have not tried the other springs yet (I have all three) and I will when I get my car back. I agree with Richard, you probably need a softer spring....but I think a lot of people have similar situations with both Forge and other BOVs.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

mine starts to flutter now too after i just installed my intake last weekend. before it had a nice pshhhhh sound but now it sounds like the bov from the supra on best motoring 5.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, I'm gonna try the softer spring within the next few days. I guess that does make sense since the softer spring would allow it to open with less pressure (ie when I get the fluttering). Thanks for the help guys. I'll report back when I make the change.

-MK
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

that simple, basically bolt on replacement...
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Thumbs up

Thank You Matt, really helps.

Tom
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

Exclamation Subaru BOV install

I just got my Subaru BOV and i was wondering if it is difficult to install, or is there any link to a HOW TO install this piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim
    2002 Aspen White Impreza WRX.
    AEM Short Ram Intake, APEXi Turbo Timer, STI Strut Tower Bars F&R, Tien Springs , Tokico Premium Performance Shocks, Rota Torque 17x 8", Toyo Proxes, STI V1 Front Lip
    JDM STi Hoodscoop, Zerosports Carbon Fiber Risers

im confused... the wrx already has a recirc bov....and subaru makes a factory one???? which bov are you talking about ????
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???