"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 101

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by WRXin' The only benefit IMO is attention...that's about it. There are no setbacks mind you. If you ...

Originally posted by WRXin'
    The only benefit IMO is attention...that's about it. There are no setbacks mind you. If you want it get it
    From the sound of things, it seems an aftermarket BOV isn't going to be of any real benefit until 20+psi. Personally, I'd rather put my cash towards a nice catless STi uppipe or a turbo-back setup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by EMarkDDS
    From the sound of things, it seems an aftermarket BOV isn't going to be of any real benefit until 20+psi. Personally, I'd rather put my cash towards a nice catless STi uppipe or a turbo-back setup.
    Oh yeah, you should definately get your basic mods before a BOV. By basic I mean exhaust, uppipe, boost controller, etc.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

SBW
    Originally posted by jsmonet
    i got flamed on many occasions for saying that on nasioc.com... even though i HAVE a bov and the flamers don't. go fig
    Flaming is dumb and so are they who do it. I know thats sounds childish and hypocritical considering the statement I just made, but I stand behind it.

Didn't you know? having an opinion can be considered a crime.
    Thats why this forum is so much better.

Back on topic though, I have a blitz DD. I like the sound and wanted it, and I got it used with the adaptor really cheap. My motor stumbles a little when I get off the gas really quick, because it gets a little too much fuel. Other than that, I dont know of any other problems.

Originally posted by jsmonet
    i got flamed on many occasions for saying that on nasioc.com... even though i HAVE a bov and the flamers don't. go fig
    A lot of people read things and regurgitate it verbatim without any experience or thought going into it. They confuse this with knowledge rather than random information. Wouldn't worry about it.

My BOV was not propoerly adjusted for my car when I first put it on and it ran terribly bad (opening at 4psi!!). But now it is adjust correctly and works fine!

Well, I am far from a pro at this stuff, but I can speak from my own experience.

I have the Go Fast Bits StealthFX blow off valve and the Unifilter RamPod intake on my car, and I have not experienced any problems with either one. The only issue I had was with the blow off valve during the first week or so because it wasn't broken it and I was having a hard time turning the adjustments. Now I am running the BOV at about 30 - 40% atmospheric vent, and everything sounds and runs great.

FYI, I just ordered my gauges this week, and I will have an air/fuel and EGT gauge installed soon, so I will actually be able to tell if the intake is making the car run lean like a lot of people say they do.

Originally posted by E23K13L420
    Are Short Ram Intakes better than Cold Air Intakes?
    Yes, the short ram is most definately better. CAI have been proven to decrease performance on our cars. The cold air you're getting gets heated back up by the turbo anyways, so it deems it pointless.

There have been numerous discussions about this topic. If I haven't answered your question adequately, you may want to try a search
    Fahd

turboXS type H BOV?

anyone have the turboXS type H BOV(not the RFL) . i order this a couple days ago and i was wondering if it sounds really good and is it louder than the HKS SSQV. tnx 4 the return msg

Bov Queston?

Do u have to hook that one line back up? or can u just plug that.
    i think i heard somewhere that it was louder if you didnt hook it back up. thanks for the replys

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Mine is plugged in and I have a RFL. BTW, nice avatar I wanna see the whole girl though. LINK ME

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

When you get your BOV, you'll find a plug provided with it. Mine is plugged.

Phreeze -- it looks as though that girl is photochopped on the car...I think.
    Fahd

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Phreeze -- it looks as though that girl is photochopped on the car...I think.
    no one is complaining tho!!

anyone know what the Greddy Type-S sounds like in comparison to the blitz, hks, and txs, and gfb
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

BUMP ANYONE!!!

i am looking at that bov also... i am not sure if the SSQ is louder, your best bet is to look on vendor sites for sound wav and video of the files and try to compare them. i know turboxs has a video of theirs on their site... hope this helps a bit. I have been in a car with the txs bov, and it is a very very nice sound. but i have not heard the ssq in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I have the TypeH.. it is pretty loud, engages everytime you put moderate load on the engine... you have to be granny driving not to make the sound.

It is about the same loudness as the SSQ, but isn't a shrieking sound, instead it's a longer psssssssssh sound.

You might get some fluttering at first, but wait until the spring gets seated to fiddle with the packing washers to adjust it.

hey eli, u know i have the type-h, and i love it. it always sounds a lil different, and sometimes by going half throttle i can make it shriek almost like a SSQV. anyway, it's a great bov and vents nicely because of the multiple holes... air has a better time going multiple directions than being forced through one hole (for example the RFL).

Jim
    2003 Black EVO

"EV0screwed"