hey everyone another turbo question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on hey everyone another turbo question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; for my next upgrade i am thinking about a sti turbo. i want to start taking step by step before ...

hey everyone another turbo question

for my next upgrade i am thinking about a sti turbo. i want to start taking step by step before i hit my goal for 300 whp+. i am thinking about buying a stock sti turbo which i believe is called the vf-39. i was wondering how much can i look to get on my wrx with a CP. i am also wondering can i go to a stage 3 with that turbo? since it is an upgraded turbo from the wrx Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are trying to do this cheap you will need pinks, fuel pump, sti tmic, tbe, up-pipe, access port or open ecu maps that has good OTS map, and the Vf39. This is what you will hae to buy to at least run the turbo safely. You should probably make 250-260 with the OTS map and a bit more with a protune with the mods above. Do you have any mods?
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

hey yea i currently have a stage 1 cobbaccessport. when you said 230 to 250 i hope you were talking about whp.

^I said 250-260 but yes I am talking of whp. This is on a conservative OTS map, a protune and some other mods such as a turbo inlet, ram air intake, and bigger tmic or even a fmic if you plan on going bigger later, you can push 270whp-280whp.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I went w/VF-34 and got these results.
    STi 2006, RED, 480whp 469wtq @28.9ps.

If you have an 06/07 WRX its not a "must" to get an up-pipe with it being catless already, and the injectors will work fine with the vf-39 as it is high-flowing already.

If it isn't, forget what i said
    Last edited by drummerboy; 03-28-2007 at 06:07 PM.
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

Your #'s should come with a disclaimer on the bottom like the diet pill commercials, those #'s are next to impossible to get in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWRX02 View Post
    Yeah those numbers seem screwy
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

Banned
    Perfect example: My Signature.

Banned
    yo Rick how are you running so much power and haven't made your engine go KABLOOEY yet? And how hasn't your transmission gone GGGGRRRRPPFFFTTTTTkkkkunkkk yet?

I'd be afraid to drive my car with that much power and stock internals.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    yo Rick how are you running so much power and haven't made your engine go KABLOOEY yet? And how hasn't your transmission gone GGGGRRRRPPFFFTTTTTkkkkunkkk yet?

I'd be afraid to drive my car with that much power and stock internals.
    Very possible it's a race gas tune...he has meth...and it could be a high reading dyno. I wouldnt call his resulsts "normal" by any means.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

My car is very well taken care of. Its fast as hell and yes my tranny will give up eventually. And the numbers are so real. I posted a thread Monday I believe w/my spec and yes I run w/meth. Thread:

My WRX 02 (VF-34) Dyno Numbers & Pic's

My WRX 02 (VF-34) Dyno Numbers & Pic's
    STi 2006, RED, 480whp 469wtq @28.9ps.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.