Ninfourteener's Progress Thread + Pics - Page 25
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Ninfourteener's Progress Thread + Pics within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; man I just read your whole thread haha, what a freaking read. its great by the way, I love everything ...

Registered User BringDownTheSky's Avatar
    man I just read your whole thread haha, what a freaking read.
    its great by the way, I love everything you did to your car, and it's for sure gonna help me out alot once I finally get my 06 rex. thanks for making this thread and posting all the helpful links and everything. I definitely bookmarked it for later. how's she been treating you lately?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Free housing always helps BAH rate for E5 w/ dependents is pretty healthy.
    I hear that. Married E-4 Active Army here.
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

This has always been one of my favorite threads on Teh Club

Simply just a lot of good insight, instruction, and a very wide variety of tasteful and helpful mods, so it can appeal to many
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BringDownTheSky View Post
    man I just read your whole thread haha, what a freaking read.
    its great by the way, I love everything you did to your car, and it's for sure gonna help me out alot once I finally get my 06 rex. thanks for making this thread and posting all the helpful links and everything. I definitely bookmarked it for later. how's she been treating you lately?
    Thanks..... car has been great. Almost 45K miles, and the only "breaks" I've had were a battery, and a fuel pump... both of which I contribute to sitting outside last winter. Thats one of the reasons I've been jobbing on the Brat... I want to use it as my winter driver so the WRX can sit in the garage.

Looking forward to getting STI front seats in a couple weeks... an upgrade I've been wanting for awhile.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Looking forward to getting STI front seats in a couple weeks... an upgrade I've been wanting for awhile.
    Quite comfortable I must add...if you could find STI Limited seats, even better...

Why not just look up a comparable set of Recaro's or Bride's or something? I'm sure you have your reasons, j/w...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Sure.. STI Limited seats would be awesome.... wanna loan me the money? LOL

I've thought about a set of Bride's or Recaros.... but then I lose the Airbags..... and that is the main reason I've never messed with the seats or the steering wheel. It is still a daily driver, and my wife and kids do ride in the car, you know?

I am going with a set of Brides in the Brat though

STI seats are the best of both worlds..... OEM Subaru stuff... maintain the airbags.... better grip..... and cool appearance.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165158
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08

Sure.. STI Limited seats would be awesome.... wanna loan me the money? LOL

I've thought about a set of Bride's or Recaros.... but then I lose the Airbags..... and that is the main reason I've never messed with the seats or the steering wheel. It is still a daily driver, and my wife and kids do ride in the car, you know?

I am going with a set of Brides in the Brat though

STI seats are the best of both worlds..... OEM Subaru stuff... maintain the airbags.... better grip..... and cool appearance.
    Ahh safety reasons considered, then you can't beat getting STI seats then. I meant if you could find a set of used Limited seats, then go for it. New, they'd cost an arm and a leg...and if those are gone, who needs airbags anyway?

Odd thing is, I've seen a couple STI Limited builds over at IWSTI where the owners ditched the Limited seats...why get a Limited in the first place if you're going to ditch the interior like that?

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ahh safety reasons considered, then you can't beat getting STI seats then. I meant if you could find a set of used Limited seats, then go for it. New, they'd cost an arm and a leg...and if those are gone, who needs airbags anyway?

Odd thing is, I've seen a couple STI Limited builds over at IWSTI where the owners ditched the Limited seats...why get a Limited in the first place if you're going to ditch the interior like that?

Strangely enough, my 2005 is either the "Limited" or "Premium" version...because somehow I have heated seats, heated windshield, sunroof/moonroof, etc. The thing is, the seats certainly don't feel or look heated whatsoever. They look just like an 2004's seats or something... I mean, they're not leather or whatever that material is in the STi limited.... To this day I still don't have confirmation on what was going on with that in 2005.... my hunch is that whoever had the car before me sold the heated seats and left the switches.

Strangely enough, my 2005 is either the "Limited" or "Premium" version...because somehow I have heated seats, heated windshield, sunroof/moonroof, etc. The thing is, the seats certainly don't feel or look heated whatsoever. They look just like an 2004's seats or something... I mean, they're not leather or whatever that material is in the STi limited.... To this day I still don't have confirmation on what was going on with that in 2005.... my hunch is that whoever had the car before me sold the heated seats and left the switches.
    You have a WRX though...I'm speaking about the 07 STI Limited which was a one year limited production run of STIs. Only 800 made with heated leather seats and all black leather interior, moonroof, VLimited front spoiler, trunk lip spoiler (as opposed to the park bench) and each one numbered. I had # 90 of 800. 400 in Urban Grey and 400 in Satin White Pearl. Each year has had a run of limited of WRX's with some of the creature comfort options...

Truth be told.. I'd "kinda" like to get the standard blue ones anyway...... for the same reason I really only want the fronts, instead of a full STI interior swap.

The rest of my interior is grey/black.... ond with only the blue front seats, they kinda "stand out" more, but really won't look "obnoxious".

You know, without the "Type-R bright red".......... "Hey everyone, look at me" riceburner look.

Again... It's cool, stands out... yet it's OEM Subaru stuff.

Just me I guess.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165158

Truth be told.. I'd "kinda" like to get the standard blue ones anyway...... for the same reason I really only want the fronts, instead of a full STI interior swap.

The rest of my interior is grey/black.... ond with only the blue front seats, they kinda "stand out" more, but really won't look "obnoxious".

You know, without the "Type-R bright red".......... "Hey everyone, look at me" riceburner look.

Again... It's cool, stands out... yet it's OEM Subaru stuff.

Just me I guess.
    Thats cool though...I love the OEM interior colors and always have. The Alcantara covering is actually very comfortable as well.

Wrinklechops
    You have a WRX though...I'm speaking about the 07 STI Limited

I know you were referring to the STi Limited. I was just mentioning how I *think* I have a "Limited" on my 2005 WRX, so what happened between 05 and 06 on the WRXs I do not know, but I was under the impression that the "Limited" heated seats on the 06 WRX were identical to those 07 seats you pointed out. That might explain why someone who had my car before me may have sold my nice leather seats, if in fact they came stock on my car. No one seems to know. lol

I know you were referring to the STi Limited. I was just mentioning how I *think* I have a "Limited" on my 2005 WRX, so what happened between 05 and 06 on the WRXs I do not know, but I was under the impression that the "Limited" heated seats on the 06 WRX were identical to those 07 seats you pointed out. That might explain why someone who had my car before me may have sold my nice leather seats, if in fact they came stock on my car. No one seems to know. lol
    haha ohhh my bad dude I have run into so many people who had no clue what an STI Limited was and thought that I had put it together, including the Nissan dealership where I sold it

That is weird about your WRX...you could try and run your VIN by your dealership and see what original options came on that car if you really want to find out.

Wrinklechops
    haha ohhh my bad dude I have run into so many people who had no clue what an STI Limited was and thought that I had put it together, including the Nissan dealership where I sold it

That is weird about your WRX...you could try and run your VIN by your dealership and see what original options came on that car if you really want to find out.
    I should do that, try running the VIN by Subaru of America or something.... good idea

PS: Why did you sell that beautiful STi Limited? Seems like a keeper for sure.

I would kill for an STI Limited interior...lol.

I want STI seats real bad, but the common Blue/Black just doesn't look right in my red car. One day I will find the STI Limited seats, just waiting for them to pop up...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.